Why become a member? ×

SOLD: Thunderfunk TFB550
£575

silverfoxnik

Hi Folks

[b]Amp now SOLD - thank you! :)[/b]

I bought this amp a few months ago from deanovw as I wanted to buy a smaller, lightweight amp with a lot of headroom, good e.q. etc.. I also wanted to find a lightweight amp that could easily be repaired if it had a problem, and unlike a lot of the lightweight Class D amps out there, this one can be very easily repaired by your local tech..

Since it's arrived, I've done two gigs with it and a handful of rehearsals and what I can say is that it's very powerful and it has a huge variety of tonal possibilities - in particular, the 'Enhance' and 'Timbre' controls are fabulous! It's clean and punchy as anything, and has a really fast response - work great for fast finger style playing, slap or pick playing. My new band really like it actually....

But for some strange reason, I haven't really bonded with it like I hoped I would?? I think that I'm just too much of a Luddite really, preferring a warmer, valve tone... So, I'm putting this up for sale at [b]£550[/b] or near offer, including the flight case.

Having just invested in a new valve head, I'm not really looking for any trades at this time..... However, having said that, I might be interested in a deal for a cheaper P or J style 4 string bass with a maple neck plus some cash my way - simply because I haven't got any basses with a maple neck, and I really fancy trying one out!

Here's one of deanovw's pics which I hope he won't mind me using..

[attachment=202561:TFB550 and case.jpg]

Will put up some more pictures tonight but in the meantime, here's a link to the previous, very well written advert, which has all the pictures:

[url="http://basschat.co.uk/topic/265784-sold-thunderfunk-tfb550-sold/page__p__2819940__hl__thunderfunk__fromsearch__1#entry2819940"]http://basschat.co.u..._1#entry2819940[/url]

Am happy to demo if you're local, interested and would like to hear it first. Equally, I am very happy to ship it for you at your cost.

Any questions, please ask here or send me a PM.

Thanks for looking :)

Nik

Edited by silverfoxnik

I'm very well off for amps atm... but I do kind of miss my old Thunderfunk.
Never had a problem getting it to cover a gig..which is not a given for me..!!!
Watts are watts...eh..?? hmmmm.

Quality amps which any tech will confirm. IMO. Massive tonal sweep...but I run the semi
para 'flat' and just dialed in the gain and master... perfect.

[quote name='essexbasscat' timestamp='1445083859' post='2888679']
Genuinely puzzled as to why this great amp is still here at what appears to be a good price
[/quote]

Me too ??

I thought it had gone yesterday, but events conspired against it.

Nik

PMs replied to...

Getting some interest and trade offers on this at the moment, but I'm after a sale first and foremost.

Having said that, I might be tempted by a deal involving a reasonable quality passive P or J style bass with a maple fretboard...??