Why become a member? ×

NBD and a wee confession

merello

Bought a Musician Sub in black and maple.
Tried the RW board walnut and honey burt ones too and they played marginally better BUT......did not look as cool as the black and maple one.

Is this wrong?

Psychologically I think it is my (first) love of Jean Jacques Burnel and Geddy Lee that always leads me to this combination of body and neck.

May get photos up later but meanwhile...

[quote name='dood' timestamp='1443370220' post='2874180']
One of my bass students, who is about to turn up actually, has the white version with the RW neck and it's a super instrument. I'd like one of these too - in the colours above for sure!
[/quote]

Yup - tried that one too. IMO beats any other budget bass I have tried into a cocked hat. Over the last few weeks I've tried everything from Squire (inc cDimension) to Ibanez. Not a bad bass amongst them but the growl, necks and frets of the Sub won me over. Initially I was thinking about putting £300 down and paying up another 3 or 4 hundred to buy a Sterling or a Lakland and although both of these were a lot classier, the budget one did all that I needed.

I just picked up a mint green one and it's utterly floored me. I've owned around a hundred basses including several stingrays and as an instrument it's just incredible.
I've played a few walnut ones in shops that didn't impress, but the one I got is impeccable. The action goes crazy low and it feels and sounds great.
The sound is middier than my ray, but very useable.
[URL=http://s34.photobucket.com/user/gafbass02/media/Mobile%20Uploads/image.jpeg.html][IMG]http://i34.photobucket.com/albums/d115/gafbass02/Mobile%20Uploads/image.jpeg[/IMG][/URL]

Edited by gafbass02

[quote name='gafbass02' timestamp='1443392775' post='2874400']
I just picked up a mint green one and it's utterly floored me. I've owned around a hundred basses including several stingrays and as an instrument it's just incredible.
I've played a few walnut ones in shops that didn't impress, but the one I got is impeccable. The action goes crazy low and it feels and sounds great.
The sound is middier than my ray, but very useable.
[url="http://s34.photobucket.com/user/gafbass02/media/Mobile%20Uploads/image.jpeg.html"][/url]
[/quote]
Loved the look of the mint green but I'd need to order and wait.
Had a wee jam at work today and loved the deep growl.
How good must the Sterlings be? How brilliant the USA versions?