Why become a member? ×

Mccartneys bass palayign on Something - Wow!!

markdavid

[quote name='ubit' timestamp='1444153560' post='2880722']
Can't stand Elvis either, or Dire Straights, apart from the earlier stuff. Oh, and don't get me started on the Doors! :(
[/quote]
There are several Elvises and I like two of them.

Knopfler is clearly a talented guitarist but I've never really got it, even the earlier stuff.

I've always rather liked The Doors even though they have an air of pomposity and fakeness.

... and did you know that Jim Morrison's father was commander of US naval forces in the Gulf of Tonkin during the Gulf of Tonkin Incident of 1964, which escalated American involvement in Vietnam ... [url="https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/George_Stephen_Morrison"]https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/George_Stephen_Morrison[/url]

I seen Elvis at a Christmas party once, to be honest he was quite funny. I didn't know that Mr Morrison was responsible for Vietnam. More reason to dislike the doors. Then again, people are strange!

[quote name='Slipperydick' timestamp='1444153293' post='2880720']
This.

Well put squire.
[/quote]+1 more. Very eloquent. And while I'm on it, I happen to think he's great; the guy was part of the driving force of the best band ever and had a damn fine go in one of the mere b-listers - Wings!

I am a Beatles fan and I started to learn learn this bassline as a practice piece. It soon became clear that I wasn't going to nail this one very easily & as for note for note probably never.

However, I did manage a simplified version & keep returning to it. For an untrained, amateur late-comer to bass, I think it's a great confidence-builder to explore.