Why become a member? ×

Live music in Hong Kong - where?

Mickeyboro

If Ned Kelly's still exists on Kowloon side there was usually music most nights, often big band/ jazz type but I was last there in 1991 so it's all very different these days I imagine. I think Mad Dogs used to put bands on as well, again it may not be there any more.

Welcome to Hong Kong! There's a few gigs happening this weekend, in fact lots of gigs. Check out this one with a few Hong Kong bands and a cool Taiwan band: http://www.meetup.com/hongkongindie/events/225113727/
For gigs & stuff in HOng Kong, if you're living there, sign up to the free newsletter at http://undergroundhk.com - they list out all the shows and gigs coming up. Hope that helps! Enjoy your time in Hong Kong!

Glad to know The Wanch is still there, I had a t-shirt from there in 1989. The place was always changing so rapidly I was cautious about posting anything as I assumed none of the places I remembered would still be there. The parents of an old mate lived in HK for 8 years so I went out with him to see them a couple of times, by the time I went they lived in Causeway Bay so we'd often get down to Wanchai for a beer in the evening.

The Wanch. I practically lived in there when I was in HK in the early 90's. Went to a Jam night when I first arrived and instantly joined a band. Played loads of gigs in there and ended up running the jam nights. For a while I was in the house band.I was also a member of the Wanchai Hash House Harriers who where based there. Great memories. Went back for a holiday 10 years and met up with some old friends and had a jam for old times sake.

Edited by mep