Why become a member? ×

Withdrawn - Lakland Skyline 55 01 - Natural, with Maple fretboard
£500

NickD

[url="https://flic.kr/p/yRud9L"][/url][url="https://flic.kr/p/yRud9L"]Lakland Skyline 55 01[/url] by [url="https://www.flickr.com/photos/65125272@N08/"]Nick[/url], on Flickr

If I could get it past the Wife I'd keep this just to sit on a stand, but I can't justify keeping anything I'm not using.

The combination of 19mm spacing and 35 inch scale is beyond my ageing hands, which is a pity as my technique is so much cleaner on this, and the B string is fantastic.

It's in really nice condition, it's used, so obviously not perfect, but I can't really find anything significant to photograph.

Plenty of info out there about these, often upgraded apparently, but I've found it to have an excellent range of useable tones as it is. Everything works as it should.

Based in Harrow, work in central London. Not averse to shipping to mainland UK, but I've never done that before so would be seeking advice, but most on here seem to state 25 quid, so I'm guessing delivery would be around that on top of the price. I'd prefer local obviously, just to be sure the buyer is buying the right bass for them. Plus, while I've been here a while, I'm hardly a prolific poster, and given this is my first for sale post, face to face would be more comfortable all round.

Trades wise, my main squeeze is an old German Corvette active 5 string, which I get on well with, and I'm seriously considering going for two, one with rounds & one with flats, so if anyone has one of similar value that might be an option, fretted/fretless... all considered. May potentially consider others with similar spacing.

I've put up the only pic I have online, but I have a few more on my phone that I can email on request.

Happy to answer any questions.

Nick

Edited by NickD

Thanks chaps!

My apologies for the half-arsedness of my advertising by the way. I'm up to the neck in family stuff (happy stuff, not nasty stuff) and work is mad busy at the minute, but I'll get some more pics up as soon as I get chance to sit down at a proper computer. I have emailed pics to those who have inquired from my phone, but will embed some on here when I get a minute.

I also keep making the mistake of playing the damn thing, and thinking 'ah well, if it doesn't go I'll just have to keep it'. That B string will be hard to let go of!

• 3 weeks later...

I'm not sure I could bear to think of it being so far away! :)

Seriously, I'm happy to look into it, other people manage it so I'm sure there's lots of advice on here I can search for if you decide to go for it. If you have any questions or need any specific photos just let me know.

• 2 weeks later...