Why become a member? ×

Yet another.. Delay.. delay.. delay thread

SimonEdward

Hello all - I know I only ever post when I need help.. (no, not that kind of help)..

But,

My TC/Pro Guitar shop Alter Ego delay pedal has packed up - no power - have tried everything, even a battery!

http://www.tcelectronic.com/alter-ego-delay/

I got it 2nd hand about two years ago, and it's probably not worth the hassle or expense of getting it repaired. TBH I'm a bit sad (yeah I know), but I'm annoyed that it hasn't lasted - I've only used it to record at home. Ce la vie.

I'm looking for your recommendations for my next delay pedal please. :P I like digital + modulation. Around £100-£150. I'm [u]not[/u] looking at the 'Flashback' (good, but been there), or the Alter Ego 2 (no regency or mix controls), or the X4 (too big for me). Thank you :)

Appreciate your suggestions! Thank you :)

The Digitech timebender is interesting >> http://iheartguitarblog.com/2009/07/review-digitech-timebender-delay.html#sthash.sZd0l9uh.dpbs ..and has a ton of features, but it's beyond my budget for *new* and way too big. I forgot to mention I've been trying to downsize the number of pedals I own, and my main board to either a Nano+ or the Warwick rockboard 'jam'.

I'm trying to think of a reason why I wouldn't buy the DD-7, and it's because it looks like 'innovative' BOSS updating the DD-6 to match some of the features on the TC 'Flashback' (itself a compact TC Nova Delay). This is partly why I went for the Alter Ego in 2013 - the presets, and you have access to the toneprints.

[quote name='GrammeFriday' timestamp='1442587632' post='2868039'] I hear what you say, but the Flashback is VERY hard to beat ... [/quote] :D

How about Earthquaker devices dispatch master? (digital, no modulation but has reverb - I have a TC Corona) Or the Earthquaker disaster transport ([i]analog[/i] voiced digital delay) and a TC HOF mini.. heard some very good things.

A nice headache! :)