Why become a member? ×

Squier Cv serial number checker

sprocketflup

If it starts with [color=#252525][font=sans-serif]CG(letter of the plant)(2 digits of year made) then it is probably the real deal - never heard of any forging on them.[/font][/color]

[font="sans-serif"][color="#252525"]The CVs are excellent quality, and they do feel different from others.[/color][/font]

Im lucky enough to have an Affinity and a VM, the CV feels....different. Don't get me wrong, its nice. I can feel differences between the three for sure, even with my clumsy fingers.

Im intrigued about the range, sadly I have been the victim in the past of buying something that turned out to not be what I was led to believe it was, and that threw my judgement about Fenders/Squiers for a while. Id like to get back on the right track.

[quote name='sprocketflup' timestamp='1441385743' post='2858564']
First five digits of the serial are CGS 11, so thatd be made in 2011 I guess?
[/quote]
I picked up a copy of the Squier Electrics book at The Works a couple of months back. It gives the details of the CGS serial as either a 7, 8 or 9 digit number. The first two is the year, but can run into the following year, for example CGS11xxxxxx = 2011 - 2012
There are about a dozen or more, 'crafted' or 'made' in China codes, of either two or three letter codes, most start with 'C'. running into the next year seems common.