Why become a member? ×

Duran Duran tickets

police squad

Got mine, Nottingham December 11th.
I could have seen them when I was 15 but didn't go. That was 32 years ago.

John Taylor was such an influence to me, as a young paduan learner (as was Sting, Bruce Foxton and Phil Lynott)

Anyone else going?

Edited by police squad

[quote name='BigRedX' timestamp='1440080106' post='2848112']

TBH I'm not massively keen on the nostalgia reunions/tours by any band, although I did see The Human League last year and really enjoyed them.
[/quote]

It's not really a nostalgia tour, they are promoting their new album. I bought the last album, produced by Mark Ronson, about 6 months ago and it is actually, really rather good.

some of the gigs have standing, Brighton, for instance, but I don't mind a seat. (my knees hurt lol)
Tickets are just silly money now, I'm just glad I can afford to go and stay in a hotel. I don't do many gigs anymore as it really is too expensive. I saw Meat Loaf on his farewell tour and he was awful. Band was great but he wasn't.
Haven't seen anyone since then.

[quote name='police squad' timestamp='1440081072' post='2848122']
ah and I see you're in Nottingham. How big is the capital FM arena?
[/quote]

It's the biggest indoor venue I've ever been to, but then I'm the kind of person who thinks that Rock City (c. 2000 capacity) is plenty big enough. I've only been to one gig there and for me it wasn't a particularly pleasant experience. According to Google the capacity is 10,000. I don't know how that compares with other big gig venues.

Been to the arena in Nottm a few times. It's similar to Sheffield in that it is primarily an ice hockey stadium that gets turned into a concert venue but maybe smaller than Sheffield. I'd recommend avoiding the first half dozen rows or so, with the flying PA often well forward you're virtually under it for first few rows and the sound is poor, better sound from further back. They can roll the stage further forward and curtain off more of the rear if ticket sales are poor. Worst case I've seen there is Alanis Morrisette on last tour, about 2/3 of it was curtained off (it was a part standing gig though).

• 3 months later...