Why become a member? ×

Roland DB700 Bass Combo 15" Speaker + Horn - Back Up For Sale

jembullo

For Sale my trusty Roland DB700 £250 firm, no more no less.

This beast is very compact but pumps out 250w of power and it seems much louder than this due to it the FFP technology (Forward Feed Processing). I have to be honest I rarely had this further than 1/4 round the dial, when playing pubs or clubs.

It's in used but very good condition no tears in the carpet covering just a couple of little paint chips on the operating panel but nothing major. Has side handles for lifting and castors for easy transportation.

The specs

3 band EQ with semi parametric mid range, adjustable compression, chorus

3 digital amp model types - solid state, valve and overdriven, with volume and gain settings.

Rated Power Output 250 W
Speakers 15” (38 cm) x 1, Horn Tweeter x 1
Memory A, B (2 memories)
Connectors Input (High, Low), Headphone, Balanced DI, Insert (Send, Return), Line Out (XLR, balanced, 1/4” TRS Phone, balanced), Foot Switch (TIP: A/B, Ring: Manual, Chorus)
Accessory Casters x 4
Size and Weight ( Incl. casters )
Width 578 mm 22-13/16 inches
Depth 407 mm 16-1/16 inches
Height 598 mm 23-9/16 inches
Weight 34.0 kg 75 lbs

link to the website for this amp - [url="http://www.roland.com/PRODUCTS/en/DB-700/index.html"]http://www.roland.com/PRODUCTS/en/DB-700/index.html[/url]

This is a great bass amp and sounds just fantastic.

Cheers Jem

Edited by jembullo

[quote name='ardi100' post='275822' date='Sep 2 2008, 09:55 PM']Where are you based? I'm thinking this might be a solution for me.[/quote]
Hi I'm based in Stroud Gloucestershire.

I will be over near Milton Keynes on this coming Monday early afternoon (i was assuming you were in London?)

Other than that i 'm sure we could come to some arrangement. Let me know.

Regards

Jeremy

• 1 month later...

[quote name='jembullo' post='277640' date='Sep 5 2008, 10:21 AM']Hi

I haven't heard from you for a couple of days.Are you still interested in the bass combo ?[/quote]
Weekend bump...this is still up for grabs

• 6 months later...

Damn right Rayman...this bass amp is absolutely amazing for such a portable unit....i have 2 rigs..and this one has to go...although I know i probably will live to regret it. It really lets you hear your bass tone, hardly any colouration.

[quote name='jembullo' post='484046' date='May 9 2009, 10:24 PM']Damn right Rayman...this bass amp is absolutely amazing for such a portable unit....i have 2 rigs..and this one has to go...although I know i probably will live to regret it. It really lets you hear your bass tone, hardly any colouration.[/quote]
Weekend bump

• 2 weeks later...

Ironically I picked up a Roland DB700 for this price just 2 wks ago (& about a day before joining this forum!). I paid £250 too and I'd just like to say that this is an amazing combo for the money. Weren't these about £700 new? A great amp. No affiliation with the seller here but I thought I'd pipe up as someone could get a real bargain here

Edited by BurritoBass

[quote name='BurritoBass' post='496921' date='May 24 2009, 11:22 PM']Ironically I picked up a Roland DB700 for this price just 2 wks ago (& about a day before joining this forum!). I paid £250 too and I'd just like to say that this is an amazing combo for the money. Weren't these about £700 new? A great amp. No affiliation with the seller here but I thought I'd pipe up as someone could get a real bargain here[/quote]
Thanks buddy, damn shame you didn't see mine before you bought yours,still you are right, a bargain ready to be had here.

[quote name='Lew-Bass' post='497690' date='May 26 2009, 12:17 AM']I read this is a digital amp? How exactly does it work? Also, do you have the footswitch?[/quote]
Works like a normal bass combo, except the circuitry is digital as opposed to analogue. Means that you can have some great modelled valve,solid state, or overdriven bass sounds. Has a nice compression and chorus and has 2 memory slots to store your sounds. I don't have a footswitch but youcan buy cheap ones from maplin that do the same as the roland ones.
This amp seems way louder than 250w thanks to the FFP circuit.

[quote name='jembullo' post='497860' date='May 26 2009, 11:09 AM']Works like a normal bass combo, except the circuitry is digital as opposed to analogue. Means that you can have some great modelled valve,solid state, or overdriven bass sounds. Has a nice compression and chorus and has 2 memory slots to store your sounds. I don't have a footswitch but youcan buy cheap ones from maplin that do the same as the roland ones.
This amp seems way louder than 250w thanks to the FFP circuit.[/quote]

Ah I see, so would I be right in thinking it's like my guitarists Line6 amp where he can toggle through ready-set tones he's named and saved?
Also, could I see more pictures? How big it is, the condition etc. and honestly, how hard is it to move about? I'm looking for something pretty lightweight, not sure if this is my answer, but with the castors does it move easy enough?

[quote name='Lew-Bass' post='497922' date='May 26 2009, 12:37 PM']Ah I see, so would I be right in thinking it's like my guitarists Line6 amp where he can toggle through ready-set tones he's named and saved?
Also, could I see more pictures? How big it is, the condition etc. and honestly, how hard is it to move about? I'm looking for something pretty lightweight, not sure if this is my answer, but with the castors does it move easy enough?[/quote]
Yes similar concept to the Line6 but of course its dedicated to bass so not so many amp models and fancy effects. Unfortunately I'm away from my normal computer and home this week so getting photos might be tricky I'll see what I can do. If you look at the very first posting in this topic you will see I've put the dimensions on there with a link to the actual Roland site. To be honest moving this thing around is a breeze, it is very compact and has side handles and a top handle for lifting and the castors do make it really easy to push about....much better than my ashdown cab!!! You can even pop the back wheels off to tilt the amp for optimum sound delivery !The amp is in excellent condition and for £250 its a steal.

[quote name='jembullo' post='274960' date='Sep 1 2008, 09:25 PM'][attachment=26347:PB270112.JPG][attachment=12831:roland1.jpg]For Sale my trusty Roland DB700 £250

This beast is very compact but pumps out 250w of power and it seems much louder than this due to it the FFP technology (Forward Feed Processing). I have to be honest I rarely had this further than 1/4 round the dial, when playing pubs or clubs.

It's in used but very good condition no tears in the carpet covering just a couple of little paint chips on the operating panel but nothing major. Has side handles for lifting and castors for easy transportation.

The specs

3 digital amp model types - solid state, valve and overdriven, with volume and gain settings.

Rated Power Output 250 W
Memory A, B (2 memories)
Connectors Input (High, Low), Headphone, Balanced DI, Insert (Send, Return), Line Out (XLR, balanced, 1/4” TRS Phone, balanced), Foot Switch (TIP: A/B, Ring: Manual, Chorus)
Accessory Casters x 4
Weight 34.0 kg 75 lbs

link to the website for this amp - [url="http://www.roland.com/PRODUCTS/en/DB-700/index.html"]http://www.roland.com/PRODUCTS/en/DB-700/index.html[/url]

Cheers Jem[/quote]
Decent pictures now added!!

• 3 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...

[quote name='jembullo' post='274960' date='Sep 1 2008, 09:25 PM']For Sale my trusty Roland DB700 £250

The specs

Rated Power Output 250 W
Memory A, B (2 memories)
Accessory Casters x 4
Weight 34.0 kg 75 lbs

Cheers Jem[/quote]
Is the amp stillfor sale?

• 2 weeks later...

[quote name='jembullo' post='274960' date='Sep 1 2008, 09:25 PM']For Sale my trusty Roland DB700 £250

The specs

Rated Power Output 250 W
Memory A, B (2 memories)
Accessory Casters x 4
Weight 34.0 kg 75 lbs

Cheers Jem[/quote]

Hi - is this still on the Market?

I am in London

[quote name='RichMcGill' post='575196' date='Aug 20 2009, 10:17 AM']Hi there, I'm in Bristol & interested in your amp. Could collect Mon next week. Are you able to go below £250? Rich 07732047119.[/quote]
I have somebody who contacted me a week ago who definitely wants this amp, problem is we are both on holiday for another week. If he decides against it in the meantime , I'll give you a shout.