Why become a member? ×

Photobucket help

JJW

Sign in, click the 'Upload' button, click 'Choose photos & videos' button, select pics you want to upload, click 'Open', and the pics will upload to Photobucket. Create an album first if you want to keep groups of pics together in one place and upload into that. Done.

When you want to post pics on BassChat, select the pic you want on Photobucket, choose the 'Direct' link from the list on the right, click on it to copy the link, then go to the post editor on Basschat (where you type your post in), click on the green 'image' square (above), paste in the link and click 'OK'. You should see the pic in your post.

Edited by discreet

Using the BBCode link supplied by an external photo account such as PhotoBucket, Imgur or ImageShack is a good idea; the photos are better presented and it uses no BC server space. I use Imgur (it's free...); here's what it looks like (the correct link for Basschat is in green...) ...

This is the link to use from Photobucket ...

Others are similar (assuming use of a PC; I no nothing of other devices...). Hope this helps...

[quote name='JJW' timestamp='1439035196' post='2839527']
It doesnt give me an option to do that, once i click upload it just tells me to email it to myself but that didnt work properly.
[/quote]

I'm assuming you've created an account and have registered with Photobucket? @Dad - you can use the direct link too in the way I described above.

[quote name='Dad3353' timestamp='1439038222' post='2839556']
Thanks; I didn't know that. I'll amend my 'demo' pic to illustrate that. B)
[/quote]

I'd leave it Dad. Yours is more logical and we don't want to confuse anyone, do we..? Just because I've been doing it the same way for years doesn't mean its necessarily the best way.

Edited by discreet

[quote name='discreet' timestamp='1439039511' post='2839562']
I'd leave it Dad. Yours is more logical and we don't want to confuse anyone, do we..? Just because I've been doing it the same way for years doesn't mean its necessarily the best way.
[/quote]

I was told that using the "direct" link stops people from being able to access the rest of you PB account if you want to keep the rest private.

[quote name='Big_Stu' timestamp='1439062293' post='2839759']
I was told that using the "direct" link stops people from being able to access the rest of you PB account if you want to keep the rest private.
[/quote]

Well I did not know that, thanks very much. :)

Edited by discreet

[quote name='Big_Stu' timestamp='1439062293' post='2839759']
[/quote]

I'm not a PB User, but I rather think that the 'IMG' code and the 'Direct' code are the same; the BBCode (IMG...) simply has the appropriate html code already in place, ready to be recognised by a cooperative forum. I could be wrong; it has been known (1956 was the last time, as I recall... :mellow: ).

According to Photobucket, it looks like privacy isn't a problem.

[url="http://support.photobucket.com/hc/en-us/articles/200724324-Linking-and-Embedding-Images"]http://support.photobucket.com/hc/en-us/articles/200724324-Linking-and-Embedding-Images[/url]

Direct linking can allow your pics to be resized by the forum software... I didn't know this, but I did know that my images were being resized, as some of mine are quite big... yet they are reduced when viewed on BC. Which is a plus in my case, as I don't have to reduce them to fit.

[quote name='Dad3353' timestamp='1439066185' post='2839787']
I'm not a PB User, but I rather think that the 'IMG' code and the 'Direct' code are the same; the BBCode (IMG...) simply has the appropriate html code already in place, ready to be recognised by a cooperative forum. I could be wrong; it has been known (1956 was the last time, as I recall... :mellow: ).
[/quote]

Have you checked that link is recent? My window doesn't look like that. I just tried both ways of linking. Assuming there isn't a different way than clicking on the "image" icon and pasting in the link all I got on preview was two lines of code, whereas using the direct link gives a nice preview of the intended pic. I'm not about to post that line of code as it then gives a link to my PB which some users may not want to happen.

[quote name='Big_Stu' timestamp='1439068614' post='2839809']
Have you checked ...
[/quote]

I'm sorry if there's any confusion over this. I was simply trying to help some folks get their pics shown. I use Imgur, so I know well enough how to do that, and I'll stick to that as an example. You'll have to work out for yourselves if you wish to use any of the plethora of other hosts out there, and check out their individual security issues, if they have any. I'll remove the offending example from future 'helpful' posts, if I choose to post at all, although I'm pretty sure that many folks use Photobucket (and others...) with success. I don't know all about all on the web, I'm far too small for that. :blush:

[quote name='Dad3353' timestamp='1439073244' post='2839843']
I'm sorry if there's any confusion over this. I was simply trying to help some folks get their pics shown. I use Imgur, so I know well enough how to do that, and I'll stick to that as an example. You'll have to work out for yourselves if you wish to use any of the plethora of other hosts out there, and check out their individual security issues, if they have any. I'll remove the offending example from future 'helpful' posts, if I choose to post at all, although I'm pretty sure that many folks use Photobucket (and others...) with success. I don't know all about all on the web, I'm far too small for that. :blush:
[/quote]

Horses for courses. I went off PB for a while but they seem to have sorted their act out now. Last I heard was using the other way of linking the only way to protect your privacy was to set a password but that could then also block the pic you wanted to use.
Far too much dicking about so I just use the "direct" link after it was pointed out to me.

[quote name='Dad3353' timestamp='1439073244' post='2839843']
I'm sorry if there's any confusion over this. I was simply trying to help some folks get their pics shown. I use Imgur, so I know well enough how to do that, and I'll stick to that as an example.
[/quote]

There's no confusion... you said that's the way you do it on Imgur, and in the Imgur diagram the BBCode is labelled '(message boards & forums)', so I'd say that's pretty unambiguous... and whether you use IMG or Direct in Photobucket it's going to work, so... :)