Why become a member? ×

The Logical Song

skywalker

I hope someone can help, our drummer is having a gig for his birthday next week in his barn which has a stage, PA, lighting, the whole nine yards (It really is very impressive).

There will be musicians of all genres invited and playing but only one bass player (could be a long night for me). I have got chord charts for most of what people want to play and no real problem with any of it except The Logical Song and I can't figure out how to do the intro.

Can anybody help please??.

Much appreciated

Steve

Supertramp version starts in Cm. If your talking about the initial bass part, (before the vocals start) sounds like he's sliding up from an F to a G (say with the 3rd finger) and then playing a Bb on the string above (index finger) then a C albeit the C is an octave lower so maybe this was originally started from the F on the 8th fret of the A string and finishing on the 8th fret of the E string.

Personally, I'd use a 5 string and play it lower although having listened again, there appears to be a slight slur downwards on the low C.

Edited by leschirons

[quote name='leschirons' timestamp='1438954826' post='2838963']
We were in Le Dorat not far from you a few weeks ago playing in La Petite Fontaine.

Small world.

Have a good gig.
[/quote]

I know it well, we have seen gigs there a few times. Not the place for lots of equipment though.

[quote name='skywalker' timestamp='1438960786' post='2839015']
I know it well, we have seen gigs there a few times. Not the place for lots of equipment though.
[/quote]

Despite being just a 4 pce inc vocalist, we have a French guitarist that's fallen in love with Marshall 4x12 cabs (yes, plural) :rolleyes:

[quote name='synthaside' timestamp='1438958754' post='2838992']
You might end up prepared for the wrong version ;-) i'd prepare some dirty synth sound just in case

[url="https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ujcgcvOD_wc"]https://www.youtube....h?v=ujcgcvOD_wc[/url]

I'll get me coat :-P
[/quote]

Ha Ha - that is just wrong.

[quote name='leschirons' timestamp='1438964367' post='2839061']
Despite being just a 4 pce inc vocalist, we have a French guitarist that's fallen in love with Marshall 4x12 cabs (yes, plural) :rolleyes:
[/quote]

If they are anything the Trace 4 x 12 that I have played through a couple of times recently the are ballbreakingly heavy as well.

Our guitarist organises open mics at Lac Du Mondon (Nr St Leger Magnazeix) on the first Saturday of each month (5th September and 3rd October next two) which are getting popular and attracting some good musicians now, we usually do a short spot at that and then a jam with some of the musicians who have played earlier if you fancy that.

I am at Mortemart (near Bellac) and we are having a bit of a do for friends and neighbours on 11th September in the garden (about 5pm), you are welcome to come for that also.

[quote name='mr zed' timestamp='1438986933' post='2839302']
Can I come to? Are these places close to Bolton?
[/quote]

Of course you can come.You can get flight from Leeds or Liverpool to Limoges on Ryanair and camp at the site (Ryanair will charge more for the tent than for you though). You can use my Jazz, they will charge a fortune to bring a bass as well. Or you could come on your bike on the deserted French motorways but careful of the gendarmes. :)

Edited by skywalker

[quote name='synthaside' timestamp='1438958754' post='2838992']
You might end up prepared for the wrong version ;-) i'd prepare some dirty synth sound just in case

[url="https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ujcgcvOD_wc"]https://www.youtube....h?v=ujcgcvOD_wc[/url]

I'll get me coat :-P
[/quote]

Arrrghhh My ears,my ears!!!

Damn you sir, I had managed to forget that this appalling noise existed ( other opinions are available etc etc) :o

Edited by Raymondo

[quote name='skywalker' timestamp='1438972835' post='2839158']
If they are anything the Trace 4 x 12 that I have played through a couple of times recently the are ballbreakingly heavy as well.

Our guitarist organises open mics at Lac Du Mondon (Nr St Leger Magnazeix) on the first Saturday of each month (5th September and 3rd October next two) which are getting popular and attracting some good musicians now, we usually do a short spot at that and then a jam with some of the musicians who have played earlier if you fancy that.

I am at Mortemart (near Bellac) and we are having a bit of a do for friends and neighbours on 11th September in the garden (about 5pm), you are welcome to come for that also.
[/quote]

Thanks for the invite, very kind of you but that weekend is looking a trifle hectic. Radio recording on the Thursday, wedding gig up here Friday, birthday gig Saturday and a band gig and a dep on the Sunday with 200 kms between them :lol:

Will certainly try to get to one of your open mic nights though if I'm down that way.