Why become a member? ×

Yamaha TRB5PII

sinchley

So I have a Yamaha TRB5PII. I bought it from new but have hardly used it so it's in mint condition.

As far as I know Yamaha have discontinued this particular bass. I genuinely don't know whether I should sell it or keep it if it'll hold it's price for years to come. As far as a bass it's amazing, a real collectors item. But then again it is sitting around not doing anything and it was £2500 new.

Does anybody know if these basses continue to hold their price and so worth keeping?

Cheers

Simon

I sold one (twice) end of last year and it went for £900-1,000. I think you could get more if you were prepared to wait - have seen one go for £1,350 a couple of years back on Ebay. But even though they are great basses for a particular type of player, they don't have a huge following so that limits the value.

Edited by edpirie

I love these basses. They are so well made and sound perfect to my ears. I have a 90's TRB5 which i love to bits and the TRB5PII is probably the only bass in the world I would swap it for. I would like to think you could get £1500 for it but you'll need to be patient. These aren't as sought after as they deserve to be but to the right person, a mint condition one will be well worth it.

I can't understand why you'd sell it but whatever you do I wish you luck.

Thanks so much for all the advice. I didn't know so many people had one or knew of them. Do any of you guys actually use the piezo pickup on it?

Anyway, it's an amazing bass and I'll be sad to see it go ...but I really don't use it. I guess I'll just put it up on ebay or gumtree and be patient to for the right person.

Put it up on the marketplace here! I've always loved the look of them and will own one, one day, I imagine.

They seem to be going up for around 1.5k on the marketplace recently and 2 have sold in the last 3 months I think?

If it's never seen regular use I can understand the want to move it on. I'm in the same situation at the minute. GLWTS!

• 2 weeks later...

Terrible basses, just terrible. Look awful with their straight through necks and perfectly crafted fancy wood work. And the sound, well, just far too many options with two massive pickups, a piezo, 35 inch neck, active electronics etc. And I'd know I own one!...
Of course, Id be willing to put all that aside and acquire a 2nd in this colour for the right price. Check your PMs ;-)