Why become a member? ×

Hi

jango

Hi, I'm a newbie to this site but it does look very similar to the old 'BASSWORLD'. Am i right?
Anyway, my old monicker on Bassworld was Shawnee so in the (very unlikely) event that anyone remembers me HELLOOOOOO!!!!!!

Been away from playing the bass for a wee while, young family, work all that, but have around at least two decades of experience at bass and other instruments.

No gear at the minute unfortunately had to sell to fund other stuff, but have owned some decent gear in the past including a Lakland Skyline 5 string with EA iAmp 600 and 4 x 10. (really miss that set up, should never have sold it)

Have recently joined a gang of mates who needed a bassist, we play mostly covers, Jam, Undertones, Stone Roses, Paul Weller etc, am borrowing a lowly Gould bass,( looks like the old Bass Collection guitars but doesn't play anywhere near as nice) and using a Hughes and Kettner combo at the rehearsal rooms.

Will be looking to buy some new gear soon for upcoming gigs, but due to family and wot not, funds are a bit short, so any advice on cheap gear would be mucho appreciated.

Look forward to talking bass.