Why become a member? ×

SOLD - Trace Elliot SMX250 Head, £150
£150

RandomBass

A '95 vintage 250 SMX head, in great condition and everything working as it should. New pre valve fitted recently.
Looks like it had the gain and master pots replaced with non-detented types before I owned it - this doesn't affect operation, in fact it makes it easier to fine tune the gain and output volume.

Am based just outside Brighton, and would prefer pickup, or meet within reasonable distance.

Cheers

Geoff

Edited by RandomBass

[quote name='Bassman72' timestamp='1437811433' post='2829171']
Is this just the pre-amp or does it gave an incorporated power amp also? If it has an incorporated amp, what are the specs please. Thanks!
[/quote]

Hi, its full-blown head with 250 watts at 4 ohms. Might not seem much in today's world, but these amps are notably loud for their ratings - as most will testify.

Cheers

Geoff

[quote name='the hand of john curley' timestamp='1439718588' post='2845142']
Why on earth is this still available?! I ran one of these with a TE 4 x 10 back in the day and it remains one of the most versatile Amos I've ever used. Regret selling to this day!
[/quote]
Yeah I reckon the price is pretty good for this particular Trace head. Not sure I want to drop it further and would prefer to donate it to a local school which is crying out for quality gear like this for their music department.