Why become a member? ×

Argos "Click & Collect" Warning!

I, just like many others I'm sure, have just received an email from eBay telling me of the wonders of selling stuff with free delivery on EBay now qualifies for buyers to use Click and Collect, where they can select to have you despatch to their local Argos, so they can collect from there.

Initially it all looks good, especially if the buyer is out all day working.

Watch out however!! There are size and weight restrictions. As many here will know, a packed bass will be very close to being 1.2m long. This is the limit over which Argos won't accept goods. If your package is bigger than 1.2m Argos may dispose of the item!

Just thought I'd share this.

Edited by Grangur

It means things get delivered to a store of your choice and you can go and collect it at your convenience. No need to worry about the postie delivering but you're out, or not putting the little card through the letterbox, etc. I've used it before; it works well.

[quote name='Zenitram' timestamp='1437549082' post='2826869']
It means things get delivered to a store of your choice and you can go and collect it at your convenience. No need to worry about the postie delivering but you're out, or not putting the little card through the letterbox, etc. I've used it before; it works well.
[/quote]
I don't doubt that. All I'm saying is if you send a bass that, when packed comes to being 124cm long, dear Argos could dispose of it rather than let it upset their storage plans. I'm not saying they will, but under the terms of the agreement with EBay they can. So BCers would do well to be wary of this.

There are also weight restrictions of 20Kg

Edited by Grangur