Why become a member? ×

Tonehammer 500 into Berg NV115 - anyone tried it?

franzbassist

[quote name='mrtcat' timestamp='1437323992' post='2825084']
Never tried it but I'd imagine you'd struggle to get a bad result. That said my experience of the nv cabs is that they love amps with heft so I'd be inclined to use something weightier.
[/quote]

Thanks, and yes, that's my concern. I'm not sure 250 watts is enough to really get an NV115 going....

The TH is a very good sounding amp...
My concern is that it doesn't amp too well.... Jury is still out for me in regards to this
but I'm going to do some serious AB'ing in a few weeks whilst I have 4 amps to mess around with.

I've run a TH500 thru a DB cab and it did ok... but nowhere in the same league as the DB750 thru
the same cab...even if the tone was there or thereabouts.

The TH500 can't do what a Thunderfunk can do, for examp[e....even though the TH500 might be the nicer
sounding amp.

Having said that, the TH is very nice thru TKS S112's ...so it would be something you should try..

Not sure if you have the NV115 yet Gareth, but I have two and love them. They are a bit of a challenge to get the best out of them, but I reckon 250w would be fine to drive one. I'm finding they need to be close to a wall to get a full bass response, a can be a bit thin otherwise due to lack of porting. They record incredibly well with a mic between the two speakers. For me they are a good stab at a vintage 8x12 sound in a portable package (I can carry it one handed for short distances). I drive mine with a Markbass TTE 800 and rarely turn up past '2'!