Why become a member? ×

Stolen/lost Markbass LM3 and pedals

Andy O'Neil

Hi guys,

Just thought I'd put this out there in the hopes that this may turn up, and somebody may spot it!

It's quite a strange one.. I played a gig a few weeks ago, on the Saturday night, standard function gig in Askham, Newark. Packed up, drove the long drive back to London.

A few days later, was packing the car and realized that my bass amp was.. Missing. Called venue / sound guys / band mates etc, unfortunately no dice. I've come to the conclusion I either left it at the gig, and it was swiped, or left it on side of the road as I was unloading. Pretty tragic - can't even claim insurance on it!

It was a Markbass LM III, in a gig skinz bag, and I had two pedals also in the case - a digitech BSW, and Boss ODB3. Both pretty used, the boss one especially beat up. The amp looks as new, perfect condition.

I guess it's going to be hard to spot - but maybe it will be put on the used market with pedals, or even in that bag, which is fairly distinctive. Bag looks like this;
https://www.djdeals.co.uk/prod-downloads/Gigskinz-Serato-&-Recording.jpg

Anyway, a super long shot - but if anyone does see this come up ease get in touch with me on here, or [email protected] . I do have the serial number of the amp somewhere as well, as I registered with my insurance.

Thanks all!
Andy.

Edited by Andy O'Neil

One appeared on CC in Preston, From my dealing with the Bethnal Green one they are not too concerned about stolen stuff. :angry:

Nice pic of the Serial number-

http://webshop.cashconverters.co.uk/auction-item/982044/markbass-little-mark-3-bass-amp-head

[quote name='Geddys nose' timestamp='1435759041' post='2812183']
One appeared on CC in Preston, From my dealing with the Bethnal Green one they are not too concerned about stolen stuff. :angry:

Nice pic of the Serial number-

http://webshop.cashconverters.co.uk/auction-item/982044/markbass-little-mark-3-bass-amp-head
[/quote]

Ahh thanks mate, unfortunately not it!! Gives me hope though :) didn't realize CC had a web shop.. I'll start scouring that as well.

Thanks for the kind words guys, your sympathy eases the pain a little! Was pretty hard to swallow - was leaving for my 30th bday jam night when I realised... wasn't the nicest bday present.

Andy.

I got my entire bass rig and pedal board back to scouring the cash converters web site for months. One of the pedals popped up and when I went to the store, everything else was there too. But this was a couple of months after it was all stolen. So keep the faith! It may turn up :-)

Bummer - that's a sickener.

My bass, my amp head and a bag of bits all got nicked along with the car they were in a few years ago, but it all turned up in various secondhand shops where I'd put out feelers and I got it all back (weirdly apart from one old woolly hat and an AC/DC album I never saw again..)

Don't lose hope mate - it can and does happen that it turns up. I'm not a million miles away in Leicester so I'll keep my eyes open too for you.

Edited by bassbiscuits