Why become a member? ×

How to decide which bass to take to America

The Badderer

Guest gazzatriumph

[quote name='The Badderer' timestamp='1451725661' post='2942711']
Well I'm here and have time to check on bass chat for the 1st time since september! I got the Squier James Johnston Sig. Jazz bass.... and WOW what a great bass. cost me £265 from new (USA prices), and there is barely any difference between that and a USA Fender. Great build quality. Great tone. Job done. When I get home I will be having a serious clear out of some of my basses.

In answer to above questions. My Warwick is a 2004. The neck's not mega chunky, but just noticeable enough to make playing for 2-3 hours at a time quite tiring on the left hand in comparison to a Jazz bass. I can still play totally fine with it, but it's just not as comfy for long plays needing stamina.
[/quote]Welcome back ;) , cheers for the reply re Warwick neck.

I took a guitar out to Arizona via BA and there were no questions asked, they just made me put it in the hold and sent it straight through. When I got there no questions asked again by customs, it came through on the baggage conveyor belt and the tape that covered the latches hadn't even been touched.

As may have been said. Get onto our American friend on talkbass. Try and get chatting with the guys from the gospel scene in the area you're travelling to. See what's available locally from TB and have some viewings lined up or maybe even some loaners? I'm sure the gospel community I'm sure will step up and help.

Good luck!!