Why become a member? ×

Greetings Basschat

TheDarkReaver

Greetings, I have come to this forum because of my recent exile from Talkbass (for reasons not exactly known to me). Long have I thought of coming here, but too many forums drain one's free time. However, now I do not have an excuse.

I have played the bass for around 4 years, having started on guitar a year before. I started playing bass so as to join my friends band while I was in the 6th form. I always wanted to play bass though, it appeals to me more than the common electric guitar and so has become my intrument of choice.

I'm currently gigging around Newcastle-upon-Tyne, having moved up here from Lincolnshire for university. The band I play in is a female fronted alt-metal/rock called World is Static. I urge you to check us out at [url="http://www.myspace.com/worldis"]http://www.myspace.com/worldis[/url].

Finally here is a picture:

Well my short intro is done, I hope to enjoy my stay here. :)

Edited by TheDarkReaver

[quote name='metaltime' post='271507' date='Aug 28 2008, 08:17 AM']welcome sir

i no you from the angel i am heathers friend andrew. I find this forum more friendly than talkbass.

You should give us some info on what gear you use.[/quote]

Ah yes, I remember :)

As for my gear:

My current main gigging bass is a Spector Legend Classic 5 but I also have an Epiphone Thunderbird IV Goth. My amp is a Behringer Ultrabass Bx1200, although I want to upgrade once I can afford too. As for effects I use a Korg Ax3000b multi-fx pedal plus a Boss ODB-3 and SYB-5.

Edited by TheDarkReaver

It did n't take long....

I just got this from Pacman......

[i]You have been banned for the following reason:
trolling - don't you get it?

Date the ban will be lifted: 09-09-2008, 02:00 PM[/i]

I think it was in responce to this series of PM's......

[i]thefruitfarmer

Please don't take offence at what I am saying.

It is not my intention to make trouble on your OT forum, I just feel that some of the problems you guys have been experiencing re the gun arguments (which happen on many many internet forums) may be due to allowing one side of an argument but not the other.

Regards

Tim

Pacman

Absolutely no offense taken! And, you may find this hard to believe, but as much of a gun aficionado as I am, I asked about moving gun threads to the lobby 6 months ago! I just had to respond to what I thought was twisted logic.*

But, hey, that's what different opinions will get you. No worries - I have a very thick skin.

jp

fruitfarmer

It's a tricky issue, really it is.

The logic is like if talkbass permited say sh*t eating threads yet closed or deleted all threads saying sh8t eating is not a good thing it could easily be argued that Talkbass was supporting sh*t eating.

I feel something similar is happening by allowing "gun appreciation" threads but not allowing "anti firearm" threads. Talkbass is saying it is okay to say "look at what a beautiful weapon I have got" but not okay to say "the culture of owning collections of lethal and functional weapons is not a good thing".....

This is sanctioning gun ownership....and their implied use.

Food for thought....

....(not the sh*t eating)...

Tim

*The original "twisted logic" was this

"It appears to me, that by allowing "weapon appreciation" threads that talkbass is sanctioning their ownership and ultimate use. This will limit the membership of this forum to those who approve of such things and exclude those who do not approve, especially when you supress their opinions."[/i]

Ah well, the internet is a big place!!