Why become a member? ×

Suggestion for 'For Sale' section

Jonnyboy Rotten

I have been thinking for a while - and I suggested it when you guys ran the site feedback survey about a year ago, that in the For Sale section it could be split out as follows:

Bass Guitars
Amps
Bass Related Gear (cases, pedals, pickups, components etc)
Other Musically Related Items
Everything Else.

The reason being is that it is sometimes a bit laborious to trail through the 'Other musically related items' section if presumably most people on here will only be looking at bass related stuff.

The other thing is for the mobile version, is there a possibility to add a 'My content' shortcut button?

Keep up the good work!

[quote name='wateroftyne' timestamp='1434961205' post='2804086'] What would you want the 'My content' button to show? Just your own posts? Not that I ever use it, but if you visit the 'new content' page (which I use as my main BC landing page) you can filter it to show just topics you started, or participated in. [/quote]

Oh yeah...I never found that before! Not to worry! :P

[quote name='pete.young' timestamp='1434965867' post='2804148'] How can you tell if something is bass related? If it's not broke, don't fix it! [/quote]

I'm not getting your point.

All I mean is that if I have £100 to spend and I'm looking to see what pedals or components I can get on here - I only want to be looking through bass related threads and not have them clogged up with electric guitars and other musical randomness. If it was an electric guitar forum, I wouldn't expect a keyboard or a set of bass guitar pickups to be in the same section as a fender telecaster neck or a guitar effects pedal.

Its not a difficult concept.

I'm not having a go - I just thought that it was worth mentioning. If it is just a case of me not figuring out how to use the forum properly (like the point above) or if no one else agrees thats fine with me!

[quote name='Grangur' timestamp='1435062631' post='2805007']
If the guitar related stuff was simply moved out from the "[color=#282828][font=helvetica, arial, sans-serif]Other Musically Related Items" section that would be a major improvement IMHO.[/font][/color]
[/quote]

It's on the list. ;)