Why become a member? ×

JV Squier 1983 rare colour (fiesta red) additional jazz pick up. A true players bass
£750

cardinaljay

I have owned this wonderful bass for 8 years and it is a true work horse. I've played countless gigs and recordings with it and it has been an absolute joy to play and maintain. It has been fitted with an additional Jazz Bass pick up and as you can see from the pictures it's a really decent job. The bass has also been refretted with a good quality fretwire. No crackles from the electrics which are all original with the exception of the addition pot for the Jazz pick up.

It's a JV 1983 model in Fiesta Red although most people say it's a pinky orange colour. It has the usually paint chips you find on these models around the edges which shows black underneath. I believe through talking with people on forums etc that the Japanese plant where they were made had prepared most bodies to be painted in sunburst hence the black paint underneath. A friend of mine has a pretty mint example in the same colour which shows the same finish underneath on the edges too where there's a slight chip.

The action is low and there's enough play in the truss rod to adjust to your preference with ease. The previous owner had cut a little of the scratch plate out to make access to the truss rod easier, which has been convenient. There's a slight area of "buckle rash" too as you can see. All in all, these little imperfections add to the mojo of the bass, something which people seem to make lots of money doing to new basses these days!

Here's me playing it... https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=9YhO2lfuIxc

I
I have a soft case, but due to the interest this bass will gather I would ship in a hard case.

Edited by cardinaljay

Aye aye, I'm good with eBay. I was more thinking about the forum. Initial interest but it's faded away. May be its priced to high... Seen some people sell these basses on here for peanuts which really alters people's perception of value etc. Heck, there's a JV Jazz on here for £600!!! Rant over!! Ha

• 4 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...