Why become a member? ×

Youtube matched content

Woodinblack

We recently did a gig on the back of a truck, and as my wife recorded all of it, I thought i would upload it.
I made a new gmail account for the band and a new youtube channel and uploaded all the video fine.

Then I got a notification from youtube that my upload of 'ever fallen in love' by the buzzcocks had matched third party content to 'Together in electric dreams' and was owned by the 12 copyright owners of that song. They didn't want it taken down, they wanted to put advert on it to monitise it (haha - like it is going to get more than 10 views).

So I pressed the dispute button, but none of the options were 'its not even that song', so i marked it as fair use and put in the box 'its not that song'. So now it is sitting as 'disputed third party matched content', and that it will be sorted in 30 days.

Anyone had any experience with that? I have uploaded loads of music tracks from events, but not with this band.

I read that it goes to the original copyright owners to confirm, and if they say no its theres I will just take it down. Not that it will give them any money but I don't see why they should have any say, especially for what was a sh*t song by even human leagues standards!

[quote name='Woodinblack' timestamp='1433082106' post='2787627']especially for what was a sh*t song by even human leagues standards![/quote]
Dare was a great pop album. There, I've said it!

Not sure that's any help with your YouTube query, mind..

Edited by Old Man Riva

[quote name='RhysP' timestamp='1433083583' post='2787647']
"Together in Electric Dreams" wasn't a Human League song, it was Phil Oakey & Georgio Moroder.
[/quote]

I think you will find it is a [color=#333333][font=Roboto, arial, sans-serif][size=3]CASH, [/size][/font][/color][color=#333333][font=Roboto, arial, sans-serif][size=3]ZAIKS_CS, [/size][/font][/color][color=#333333][font=Roboto, arial, sans-serif][size=3]STIM CS, [/size][/font][/color][color=#333333][font=Roboto, arial, sans-serif][size=3]KODA_CS, [/size][/font][/color][color=#333333][font=Roboto, arial, sans-serif][size=3]Warner Chappell, [/size][/font][/color][color=#333333][font=Roboto, arial, sans-serif][size=3]SUISA CS, [/size][/font][/color][color=#333333][font=Roboto, arial, sans-serif][size=3]TONO_CS, [/size][/font][/color][color=#333333][font=Roboto, arial, sans-serif][size=3]SACEM, [/size][/font][/color][color=#333333][font=Roboto, arial, sans-serif][size=3]TEOSTO_CS, [/size][/font][/color][color=#333333][font=Roboto, arial, sans-serif][size=3]PRS CS, [/size][/font][/color][color=#333333][font=Roboto, arial, sans-serif][size=3]UMPI [/size][/font][/color][color=#333333][font=Roboto, arial, sans-serif][size=3]Song![/size][/font][/color]

[quote name='Woodinblack' timestamp='1433089306' post='2787722']
I think you will find it is a [color=#333333][font=Roboto, arial, sans-serif][size=3]CASH, [/size][/font][/color][color=#333333][font=Roboto, arial, sans-serif][size=3]ZAIKS_CS, [/size][/font][/color][color=#333333][font=Roboto, arial, sans-serif][size=3]STIM CS, [/size][/font][/color][color=#333333][font=Roboto, arial, sans-serif][size=3]KODA_CS, [/size][/font][/color][color=#333333][font=Roboto, arial, sans-serif][size=3]Warner Chappell, [/size][/font][/color][color=#333333][font=Roboto, arial, sans-serif][size=3]SUISA CS, [/size][/font][/color][color=#333333][font=Roboto, arial, sans-serif][size=3]TONO_CS, [/size][/font][/color][color=#333333][font=Roboto, arial, sans-serif][size=3]SACEM, [/size][/font][/color][color=#333333][font=Roboto, arial, sans-serif][size=3]TEOSTO_CS, [/size][/font][/color][color=#333333][font=Roboto, arial, sans-serif][size=3]PRS CS, [/size][/font][/color][color=#333333][font=Roboto, arial, sans-serif][size=3]UMPI [/size][/font][/color][color=#333333][font=Roboto, arial, sans-serif][size=3]Song![/size][/font][/color]
[/quote]

I'm not going to argue with that. :)

I uploaded a video of a weekend away with some mates with a backing track.

YouTube correctly identified it and as the tune was available already on YouTube they just went ahead and published it. I think there is an advert at the start. There was no 30 day delay