Why become a member? ×

Old Trafford Cricket Ground...not a music venue...

Muzz

Damon, he said exactly the same thing on the Monday in Sunderland (my mate was there), they did exactly the same set/running time... :rolleyes: :D

Seen 'em before Jenny...trust me, it's the venue... ;)

Haha, ok I'll get back I my box! It's always the same with bands though, I always think of the Simpsons when Bart is at the spinal tap gig, and the bass player goes "nobody rocks like (looks at gaffer tape on back of bass with town name) Springfield!!!
It's clever see, it makes us feel special!

Dave Grohl knows very well that there ain't a venue in the civilized world that would let him play beyond closing time. It's just patronising banter from an old rocker. Dave mate, you've become establishment.
And I agree about the prices going up as the experience gets worse. As someone's already said, stick to small venues where the prices are reasonable and the experience is better.

Would you? It's great to stick with the "right" thing to do, but let's face it, we all generally go with the choice of best pay. It costs a shed load to tour nowadays, living in a tour bus for 3-4 months every summer is not something the top end guys are prepared to do. That why they all play festivals! It's the perfect scenario, someone takes care of the the venue, PA, lighting, stage, facilities, security, and insurance, and you just turn up with some back line and your crew and play for 45-60 mins and probably take home an easy pay check.
Don't get me wrong, I think Dave grohl is a top bloke and great musician who's heart is in the right place. His genuine love for music makes it hard to hate him, it would be nice to see home do a more fan based show though.