Why become a member? ×

NBD - Antoria hollow body bass

Paddy515

NBD - Picked up in a saleroom today held at a local cricket club together with a Kasugu "you know what" copy. Couldn't beleive my eyes when I went to viewing yesterday evening.Didn't look like this when in the saleroom mind otherwise it may have gone for a lot more than £70!!! Feels nice in the hands and as if its about to float away any second!!! Will post a piccy of the Kasugu if the admins advise me its OK to do so. Paddy.[attachment=192087:astoria.jpg]

Edited by Paddy515

Hell of a good score on both!
Our local guitar shop hap one of those Antoria EB-2 copies back in the late '70's, which I lusted after as a spotty but penniless 16 year old. I attempted a straight swap for my Kalmazoo KB1 bass, to which the response was a pitying smile and a reply to the effect of "run along, sonny". The KB1 would probably be worth around £300 or so today (the less common Mustang copy type - cost me all of £20)

Enjoy those two - Jap (?) but far from cr@p :)

Thanks Shaggy - both need some fettling but will be well worth doing in the end. The Kasuga takes me back to '79 when I had a Shaftesbury in blonde. Think the quality will be superior with this one though Good job 98% of the buyers there yesterday were only after antique furniture and the like. The only other bidder didn't really know what these were!! Paddy.

• 1 month later...

Whew!
Both absolute and utter bargains!
Why do I never come across such mind-blowing bargains as this?

I'm obviously looking in the wrong places

The 2nd bass also reminded me of my Shaftesbury
Which was in the same colour as yours

You lucky bassist! :)