Why become a member? ×

Yet ANOTHER Pedalchain Advice Type Thread.

phil_the_bassist

OK, this chain sounds pretty good to me...I know some of the pedals could be upgraded, but until the behringer dies (so, in about a weeks time! lol!) this is what I've got!

On the Barge Concepts VB-jr (Cheers Toasted!) effects loop:

EHX Big Muff > EHX Bass Balls > DOD FX75-B Flanger > Morley Black&Gold Fuzzwah > Behringer UO100 Octaver:

This is blended about 50/50 with clean, and it sounds goooood!

Am I making any grave errors? Can you think of any obvious improvements?

Cheers!

*PTB*

[quote name='BassManKev' post='268500' date='Aug 23 2008, 04:09 PM']id put octaver first otherwise itl never track right, then id have the wah, then the rest[/quote]

Just given it a shot, and found that the 8ver was lost after putting on any of the wetter FX on (it's not the best in the world, that's for damn sure!) and it fattens everything up when I put it at the end.

The wah sounded cool, but again it doesn't make much difference after a few pedals are added :-( It seems to like the signal from the flange or bigmuff, it gets some good tones outta that.

D'ya recon the rest is pretty sound then? I know that "what sounds best to you" is best, but these hints are a real help! :)

Some octavers I've used tracked really well after fuzz and I also preferred the sound of the fuzz before octave. But I imagine the Bassballs, flanger and wah would screw the tracking up a bit. If it works and sounds good Phil, keep it the way it is - although personally I'd try the octaver either first or straight after the muff and put the flanger last.