Why become a member? ×

Squier Deluxe Jazz Bass **SOLD**
£150

Rumple

I picked this up recently as part of a trade but in truth I'm not much of a fan of sunburst basses and prefer passive basses, I might use it as the basis for some modding as I like the idea of the rear routing and the neck looks and plays great but being sunburst I'd always feel the need to refinish it and I'm discovering I'm not so good at that :lol:

It's in excellent condition, it's had a scratchplate added which I think help a lot with the aesthetics of the instrument, if I keep it I'd change it to a black one but that's just my personal preference.

It's got a set of cheap and cheerful round wound strings on there at the mo' as the original owner kept the flats he uses.

No case or gig bag included.

£[s]160.00[/s] £150.00 Collected from SE London, if you REALLY wanted it posted I do have a standard coffin shaped (bass size) cardboard box I could pack the bass in but I'm not sure that's enough to protected it from the abuse couriers seem to give parcels, so you'd be responsible for organising a courier to collect it and the level of insurance you wanted.

Possible Trades: Telecaster guitar. SR5 neck, block and bound Jazz neck, Zoom B1on, 5 string Jazz body, SD P or J Antiquity pickups or Hipshot Ultralite Clover tuners.

[attachment=190618:P1010424 lr.jpg] [attachment=190619:P1010425 lr.jpg] [attachment=190620:P1010427 lr.jpg]

Edited by Rumple

[quote name='ahpook' timestamp='1430403015' post='2761070']
Very tempting....
[/quote]

New toy for the Bank Holiday weekend maybe?

[quote name='HowieBass' timestamp='1430405438' post='2761101']
These are great basses and despite being active, still have that essence of the classic Jazz sound (but on steroids). GLWTS!
[/quote]

[quote name='Rumple' timestamp='1430408564' post='2761144']
New toy for the Bank Holiday weekend maybe?

[/quote]

You bad man !

If this is still here in a couple of weeks when I've sorted some stuff out.....I'll have a hard time saying no.

Edited by ahpook

I've owned this bass and at this price it's a total no-brainer. The Ebonol board is a joy and the neck is dead straight, plays beautifully. It's possible to get the action very low, if you like that kind of thing. ;) The 3-band circuit is very useful too, sounds great.
Could easily be your go-to bass, no problem.

Edited by discreet