Why become a member? ×

Hartke Cab question

Tenty

Hi All!

I currently have a Hartke HA2000 bass head that i usually play through a combination of 410TP and a 115TP cabs.

Last night i had a band practise and played through just the 410TP alone and i noticed absolutely no difference in the sound whatsoever.

Is there a reason for this? Am i setting them up wrong?

(I am happy with the gear i have, and although it may not be the best in the world, i have no intention of buying anything else LOL)

Well if you set them up in the usual format of 410 on top of the 115, then what you`ll mainly hear is the 410 due to the height of the stack. So when only using the 410 that`s why it`s likely to sound similar. Try it with the 115 on top to see of there are any changes.

I did a bit of testing a while back with hartke 410 & 115 VX. Set them up 410 on 115 and vice versa then next to each other both ways round and used each on it's own and both together for each configuration. Didn't seem to make any difference to the sound other than two cabs were louder than one cab.

Well traditionally that`s what seems to happen - the 10s on top of the 15. It`s what you see all over the place, from pubs to festivals. You may find when having the 115 on top that it`s not as clear as you`d like this is cos with the power being split equally, the single 15 is getting the same amount of power as each of the 10s, sometimes 115s struggle in these situations, but being on the deck so to speak, it can be difficult to hear this.

May possibly be that the amp is not driving the speakers too hard, as the speakers could handle more than that amp is throwing at it. I used to have the same set up but with the HA3000. Also depends on what you are doing with your EQ too.
As long as your happy with the sound then that's all that matters. Having the two should give you a little more perceived volume but if the 410 is giving you all you need then that's a bonus.

[quote name='Lozz196' timestamp='1429719477' post='2754274']
Well if you set them up in the usual format of 410 on top of the 115, then what you`ll mainly hear is the 410 due to the height of the stack. So when only using the 410 that`s why it`s likely to sound similar. Try it with the 115 on top to see of there are any changes.
[/quote]

This... but you should notice the volume settings are different.