Why become a member? ×

Wood & Tronics Chronos - any good?

last-ninja

Hey all, I'm in the market for a new bass and was a looking for something a little 'different' than the usual fender/musicman fare.. I had my eye on a very nice stone washed warwick corvette, until a buddy of mine suggested I take a look at the W&T basses, as he has a zoid and swears by them. I had a look on the website, and was quite taken by the curves of the chronos, I'm not normally a single cut guy, but these look pretty pecial. I've found a nice 'hardly used' one on offer overseas, but needed a bit more advice, so I figure given the italian parentage, at least someone on here has owned or played one. Anyone have the pro's or con's?

Simon

Edited by last-ninja

[quote name='juliusmonk' timestamp='1429646662' post='2753683']
. As with many small builders, every instrument tends to be unique though, so worth checking the specs carefully
[/quote]

I've played quite a few W&T basses and think that Enrico Pasini is an excellent builder. As mentioned above, pretty much every one is a custom build and made to order so each one is going to be individual. Well worth checking one out if you get the chance :)

[quote name='molan' timestamp='1429660035' post='2753790']

I've played quite a few W&T basses and think that Enrico Pasini is an excellent builder. As mentioned above, pretty much every one is a custom build and made to order so each one is going to be individual. Well worth checking one out if you get the chance :)
[/quote]

Hi Molan,

What's that variable pickup position prorotype one like in BG?

[quote name='Roland Rock' timestamp='1429682774' post='2753825']
Hi Molan,

What's that variable pickup position prorotype one like in BG?
[/quote]

It's kinda cool and works well :)

We had it fully serviced by our local luthier to make the movement even smoother than original so it's fast to change position with the rotary selector.

You can definitely hear the difference between positions. Definitely a useful too for recording and simply playing at home and hearing how pickup position can effect tone. Could work live in something like a function band format.