Why become a member? ×

Sub Sterling Ray 5

badboy1984

I'm searching for a 5 string or possibly a 6 string due to the needs of the band. Came across this bass in the shop and it was listed at £350 in the guitar shop. Black colour with maple neck. I miss my stingray and bongo and I cannot afford to buy another high end instrument at this stage of my life due to family commitment.

Was wondering hows the quality of this instrument compare to a Fender 60s jazz (MIM)?

I'm thinking about trading the Fender away for the sub sterling ray 5 or put abit more for the ibanez 6 strings or warick rockbass streamer LX 5.

Stupid idea or I better off try sell the bass and then decide?

Shop trade ins are always bad value and shopa can be very keen to get people to do so as they can make money on both the bass they've sold you AND the one you traded in. It relies on your impatience and dissatisfaction with your current gear.

Dont give in! :)

[quote name='dannybuoy' timestamp='1428519132' post='2742133']
They are great basses, I have the 4 string and the neck is amazing quality for the price. Only downside is the preamp is too hot so it doesn't play nice with some pedals. This can be modded however.
[/quote]
This.
I bought mine because it played and sounded great. Really comfortable and light too.