Why become a member? ×

Markbass MultiAmp

MoJoKe

[quote name='MoJoKe' timestamp='1430318771' post='2760231']
If you can clarify how/what you need it to do, and on what type of effects, I can have a play...
[/quote][quote name='MoJoKe' timestamp='1430318771' post='2760231']
If you can clarify how/what you need it to do, and on what type of effects, I can have a play...
[/quote]

Nothing really specific, it's just that I prefer the option to have blend on my pedals.
I pretty much always have some clean signal running/blended with the effect/s I'm using, specially with the different flavours of overdrive/distortion, but with pretty much with any effect I use. Some people feel they don't need it but I do, it's how I like it.

[quote name='PauBass' timestamp='1430319031' post='2760234']
I pretty much always have some clean signal running/blended with the effect/s I'm using...
[/quote]

Well, you'll be fine with the distortion module then, but isn't this a bit the same as a wet/dry mix? If so, [i]all[/i] the effects have either this, or an effect level control...

[quote name='MoJoKe' timestamp='1430319561' post='2760240']
Well, you'll be fine with the distortion module then, but isn't this a bit the same as a wet/dry mix? If so, [i]all[/i] the effects have either this, or an effect level control...
[/quote]

Ah OK, great then..that's what I meant :)...I only wanted to know if there's a way to mix both signals so you are not only running an effected signal.

[quote name='PauBass' timestamp='1430319753' post='2760244']
Ah OK, great then..that's what I meant :)...I only wanted to know if there's a way to mix both signals so you are not only running an effected signal.
[/quote]

...and on the same patch you can have multiple layers of the same effect in different slots all with different settings if you wanted; whether to create a specific texture, or to switch in different intensities for solo's etc, (using a footswitch, obvs!) within the same patch. I've created a couple of patches like this...

I am an absolute sucker for gear, but for some reason the Multiamp doesn't interest me in the slightest. Probably has to do with the fact that 1. Markbass and I do not seem to get along all that well and 2. the all in one thing scares me, what if it breaks (I had the same thoughts with the Kemper profiling amp).

That said, good review and taste is everyone's personal prerogative!

• 4 months later...
  • 11 months later...
  • 5 years later...

I play bouble bass in an 8 piece band playing 50's roots rock music.

The volume of the band tends to get pretty loud at bigger gigs, and since the band consists of 8 persons,

and the stages aren't always big enough, I mostly end up playing close or just in front of my speakers.

To be able to hear I am playing in tune I have to keep the stage volume pretty high, competing with a loud guitarist, three horns and a strong drummer.

That used to give me a lot of feedback trouble. 

I am playing and old wooden DB from DDR, with a Fishman Full Circle mic into a Bose T1 as preamp

(it has wonderful presets for the Fishman, etc.)

As cabs I use 2 pieces of MB 410 HR stacked.

Getting the Multiamp, I realized I can put in a chain of up to 6 parametric EQ's, with 2 notch frequencies per EQ to tame any troublesome frequencies.

The other day we had a loud gig in a crowded jazz bar, and I put in a chain of noise gate, one EQ with both high and low shelves to keep out 

anything below the lower e and above the high A  above the octave on the G-string, followed by two parametric eq's with two notch frequencies each.

the back of my bass was about half a meter from the speakers, and the volume was at full blast.

There was absolutely no feedback. And zero humm and hiss.

I could hear everything I played really well, and the guys were amazed.

They had never played with a rock bassplayer on double bass without problems.

I just smiled...

• Like 2