Why become a member? ×

SOLD: Status Series 1 5-string 'thru-neck' (1994/95) - £450
£450

Rich

Up for sale is my '94ish Status Series 1 5-string 'thru neck' (to be entirely accurate, it's actually a set neck, but Status called it a thru-neck). The stock black hardware has been replaced with gold bits & pieces (individual bridge units, Yamaha tuners, control knobs, and Schaller straplock buttons). And I've fitted a homemade ramp, which is only stuck on with carpet tape and is very easily removed – I will take it off if the buyer requests it. A brand new battery will be fitted upon sale.
Aesthetically, it's not in showroom condition by any stretch: there is a sizeable ding on the bottom edge of the body for example (see pic), and the Status logo has worn off the pickups (well, it wore off one so I erased it from the other as it looked silly). There was also a crack in the headstock (see pic) but this has been filled with Titebond glue and is no longer an issue other than cosmetic. Overall though, it's in pretty decent nick for a 21 year old workhorse.
Soundwise – well, it's a Status and sounds like one. Not as glassy as the carbon models, and I think better for it. It's got the same signature sounds but more rounded and warm. It can still do bright in-yer-face slap if you want it to though. The 2-band eq is very effective – the 'bright' switch in particular is very good for breathing a bit of life back into tired strings.
This bass has done me proud in the nearly 10 years that I've owned it and has never let me down, and I will be really sorry to part with it. Sadly a need for cash dictates that this has gotta go. No case or gigbag is included, sorry.
Cash on collection is preferable, paypal gift is acceptable.
Because of the inherent risks with couriering guitars, this is purely COLLECTION ONLY, ideally from Chippenham/Swindon. I'm prepared to travel within reason, Reading or Bristol for example. PM me for other location queries and maybe we can arrange something. But I will NOT courier it – I've seen far too many horror stories (OldGit's Hohner, for example). Sorry.
As you can see from [url="http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v169/jazza42uk/Series%201%20Dec%201994_zpsuqp0btom.jpg"]this original ad[/url], the street price was a fairly substantial £899 when new in 1994/95 (the equivalent of £1560 now!!) so I'm asking what I think is a bargain price of [b]£450[/b].I'm after a sale only, so no trade offers please.
Please give it a good home.