Why become a member? ×

Dr Bass

Charla

Warwickhunt is correct.......

I have a pair of DR. Bass cabs, picked them up here 2nd hand I have the 1260 (3 way compact cab with a 12' 6' & horn) cracking little cab pn it's own. I also have a Dr. Bass 210 which I'm currently looking for replacement drivers....

I've had the drivers out and the cabs are really solidly constructed very simple design but very effective - good live sound from using the pair together, I use the 1260 for home practice

I'm playing this Saturday at "Bubbles" in Ashington if you fancy hearing them - maybe give them a quick try out yourself...

PM me if you want further details

ATB

Mark

Edited by Marcus

I own a neo 2460 deep cab and i love it. Its light and very very well built. I found the bottom end to be tight and very clear all the way up the frequency range. Its a bargin buy to me, i have tried a few 2x12's (mesa, aguilar) and its much better than both of them.

Robbie at RIM custom's is a quality bloke to deal with too.

Hope this helps. :)

Thanks for your responses, really useful and they are helping me make a decision.

Marcus, I live in Bedlington (someone has to!) and will try to get to Bubbles on Saturday, can't miss me, I'm the big bloke with beard and glasses!!!

Cheers

Charla

[quote name='Charla' post='264782' date='Aug 18 2008, 06:07 PM']Thanks for your responses, really useful and they are helping me make a decision.

Marcus, I live in Bedlington (someone has to!) and will try to get to Bubbles on Saturday, [b]can't miss me, I'm the big bloke with beard and glasses[/b]!!!

Cheers

Charla[/quote]

Glad you said 'bloke' otherwise 'big/beard/glasses' could have included 50% of the women of Bedlington and before you jump down my throat... I'm allowed to mock as I'm from Blyth and that ratio would be 75% :)

If half the bass playing fraternity of the area turns up I'm not sure there'll be room in Bubbles for the punters!

[quote name='warwickhunt' post='264809' date='Aug 18 2008, 06:32 PM']Glad you said 'bloke' otherwise 'big/beard/glasses' could have included 50% of the women of Bedlington and before you jump down my throat... I'm allowed to mock as I'm from Blyth and that ratio would be 75% :)

If half the bass playing fraternity of the area turns up I'm not sure there'll be room in Bubbles for the punters![/quote]

Oh Great...... It's a Bass Players convention and i'm depping in a Red Hot Chilli Peppers Tribute !!!

No Pressure Then :huh:

Mr Hunt.... are you coming ? If so i'll bring you that OBP1 I owe you !!

Mark

And guitarists and drummers, Bubbles can be a bit of a Ashington musos gig!

I'll bring my wife to meet Mr Warwickhunt, fortunately she's not from Bedlington or Blyth, and she has a good sense of humour (or does she?).

Hope to see you there?

Charla

[quote name='wateroftyne' post='264995' date='Aug 18 2008, 10:12 PM']Nooo!

Informal G2G and I'm gigging somewhere else.

Dammit.

Mrs. WoT would even have had her sideburns trimmed for the occasion.[/quote]

OOH I wouldn't like to be in your shoes if Rach see's that comment. :)

Swift trip to Rake Lane to have a violin bow extracted from somewhere very very painful me thinks :huh:

But what about the Dr Bass Cabs?

Well you'll be pleased to know (or not as the case may be) that I've taken the plunge and ordered the cab.

Now I've just got to decide whether to keep my Ampeg 4 x 10 HE / Ashdown ABM 115 and ABM 2 x 10 compact Cabs?

I also have an Ashdown ABM 500 amp, so if anyone wants a rig, just drop me a PM

Cheers

Charla

Ah well there's a question:

I'm the proud owner of an EBS td650, and love it, it's heavy but worth every ounce.

As for Bands, I'm a bit greedy: up until last year my main band, Alive and Kicking, hadn't been working for over a year, so I joined two other Bands to keep me occupied; The Fabulous Balls Brothers and All Shine No Shoes. So now I find myself in three Bands and still don't play every weekend.

Previous bands have been The Fabulous Road Runners and the Rhythm Method.

Frankly I was disappointed not to get the call to play with The Who or The Rolling Stones, but my Psychiatrist says that treatment is helping with my delusional thoughts!

Cheers

Charla

NB I do not accept responsibility of any of the Band Names

[quote name='Charla' post='265899' date='Aug 19 2008, 09:18 PM']Ah well there's a question:

I'm the proud owner of an EBS td650, and love it, it's heavy but worth every ounce.

As for Bands, I'm a bit greedy: up until last year my main band, Alive and Kicking, hadn't been working for over a year, so I joined two other Bands to keep me occupied; The Fabulous Balls Brothers and All Shine No Shoes. So now I find myself in three Bands and still don't play every weekend.

Previous bands have been The Fabulous Road Runners and the Rhythm Method.

Frankly I was disappointed not to get the call to play with The Who or The Rolling Stones, but my Psychiatrist says that treatment is helping with my delusional thoughts!

Cheers

Charla

NB I do not accept responsibility of any of the Band Names[/quote]
Ah ha

EBS td650... always wanted to try one.

Alive & Kicking... Is it/was it Arthur on trumpet? Memory is alcohol addled but I remember a guy looking not unlike Mike Harding (FFS if it is him don't tell him :huh: ) leading the horn section.

The Rhythm Method... tried it once :)

As for the other bands mentioned... I seem to recall a guy called Choc playing bass for one or all of them; that wouldn't be you Alan? (awaits the obvious answer... who!) :huh:

Alas Arthur (yes he does look like Mike Harding) left the Band a long while ago, started a Band called East Bay with the impressive Dave Riddell on Bass.

Nope I'm not an Alan, names Ian but everyone knows me as Charla: It's Spanish for talk or chat, which is what happens when I drink too much of Mr Daniel's golden nectar, but the name goes way back into the Dark Ages!

Edited by Charla

[quote name='Charla' post='266044' date='Aug 20 2008, 07:43 AM']Alas Arthur (yes he does look like Mike Harding) left the Band a long while ago, started a Band called East Bay with the impressive Dave Riddell on Bass.

Nope I'm not an Alan, names Ian but everyone knows me as Charla: It's Spanish for talk or chat, which is what happens when I drink too much of Mr Daniel's golden nectar, but the name goes way back into the Dark Ages![/quote]

Dave Riddell, Is that the guy who played with Buddy Holly??