Why become a member? ×

Absolute Ebay insanity!

Bassassin

I touched a raw nerve when i asked if she would mind posting her response to my question about the bass :)

"So you would appreciate me posting the fact that IN YOUR OPINION the bass is not a Fender. This wouldn't be so you can bid on it and get it at a fraction of it's worth would it? I have described the bass as accurately as possible and included large close up pictures so that those interested in it can bid what it is worth to them. My son bought it about 20 years ago in its present condition for about £500 but never got it restored. I trust this answers your questions"

It didn't actually answer my question as it happens, as I never said it wasn't a Fender but I guess the fact that it was pulled did answer a few questions!

[quote name='warwickhunt' post='263106' date='Aug 15 2008, 02:32 PM']I touched a raw nerve when i asked if she would mind posting her response to my question about the bass :)

"So you would appreciate me posting the fact that IN YOUR OPINION the bass is not a Fender. This wouldn't be so you can bid on it and get it at a fraction of it's worth would it? I have described the bass as accurately as possible and included large close up pictures so that those interested in it can bid what it is worth to them. My son bought it about 20 years ago in its present condition for about £500 but never got it restored. I trust this answers your questions"

It didn't actually answer my question as it happens, as I never said it wasn't a Fender but I guess the fact that it was pulled did answer a few questions![/quote]

Lol the needless abrupt/aggressive mentality here would alone have confirmed it as dodgy to me.

I wonder if this piece of sh!t will resurface within the next few days/weeks.

[quote name='warwickhunt' post='263106' date='Aug 15 2008, 02:32 PM']I touched a raw nerve when i asked if she would mind posting her response to my question about the bass :)

It didn't actually answer my question as it happens, as I never said it wasn't a Fender but I guess the fact that it was pulled did answer a few questions![/quote]
i got pretty much the exact same response from her about the whole 'me tryin to get a bargain' thing! she reckons her son bought that hunk of sh*t in that condition in the eighties for £500!!! she needs to share her crack

Oddly enough when I contacted the seller I was quite open and positive and I gave him/her the benefit of the doubt but simply pointed out that there were a few 'issues' with the bass and its description and that it may well save him/her any future grief retaliation from a potential buyer if they could answer a few simple questions and maybe take a pic or two of a few salient features.

I'd like to think I approached the whole matter with the kind of sensitivity that I'd want someone to do if it were my parent selling something for me. I doubt eBay would have pulled it due to the fact that it may not have been 100% Fender... there must have been some other issue maybe a hacked account.

I too can get frustrated by people's gullibility but nonetheless, we're a better community/society/species if we help when we can and hopefully make it less worthwhile for certain elements to attempt to rip others off. The sooner dubious listings get queried with eBay the sooner they can investigate and where necessary pull auctions which can only benefit eBay AND genuine buyers and sellers.