Why become a member? ×

Cruise ship gigs?

ChunkyMunky

Do you read well ?

That's an absolute must. I did a cruise for 6 weeks a few years ago. The band had 4 pads, the singer just called out which colour book and the song number, then you were off playing.

You also need to be able to cover different styles. I was paying normal function stuff one night, then cocktail jazz stuff the next.

[quote name='ChunkyMunky' timestamp='1423762811' post='2688789']
Has anyone here done cruise ship gigs? I've been practicing like absolute crazy and I'm a bit concerned I'm wearing myself out trying to make sure I'm good enough for the gig. Any help, insight or advice would be massively appreciated! Thanks so much for reading and take care. :)
[/quote]

Do you have this gig lined up, or are you auditioning ?

Edited by Drax

• 3 weeks later...

[quote name='ChunkyMunky' timestamp='1423861560' post='2689936'] Auditioning through an agency. Or agencies, rather! [/quote]

Go with one at a time, I'd say. If you're going to audition to numerous agencies, you're as well auditioning to numerous lines. I applied to one agency on a Monday evening. They called me on the Tuesday evening to ask when I was available to audition that week. We set it up for the Friday. The following Wednesday, I was called with a gig offer. Maybe I was lucky but I'd say there's contracts just lying around my agent's office. Every time I email him and ask him for work, he gets back the same day with at least one gig offer. You'll just waste your own time and that of others if you audition with more than one agent. PM me if you want to chat and want any specifics.