Why become a member? ×

Orange matamp or100

Bassist on the Run

If it says 'Orange Matamp' on the front, it's an amp made for Orange by Matamp (Radiocraft, Huddersfield). A serial number would be handy, is it painted on or printed (makes a difference)? I've got a few, so I know the breed- if you want to pm, feel free, there's a lot of 'history' there (much myth as well)

:)

The Orange Matamp on UK Ebay 'sold' last night, unless it's the one in Australia, or the one in the USA (not that I watch this stuff) there is a 'black handle' one also in America, but I wasn't interested...............

Edit - The UK one was posted by 'Brambled Bass' ..it was also listed as an Orange Graphic, which it wasn't...just an observation.........

Edited by taunton-hobbit

Jeff has the serial number records, which is what I was trying to get to - he's the current owner of Matamp and has an amazing grip of the Brand history - not all the numbers are to hand, before anyone gets carried away - without the number, its just another amp - the EBay pics gave a printed serial number of 250, from which I'm assuming that the 100 heads were different numbers to the 200s (of which I had two, both of which had painted numbers, one of which I'm fairly sure, was 325 - long time ago now)- I currently have a couple of 300 Matamp original slaves, of which there were only about 20 made (I know, roughly, the whereabouts of another two or three, one of which is in the USA)....the early stuff is nice, but getting well overpriced for what it is.
Before you start ringing Jeff, he's a busy bloke...just sayin'......

[quote name='taunton-hobbit' timestamp='1424034927' post='2691888']
Jeff has the serial number records, which is what I was trying to get to - he's the current owner of Matamp and has an amazing grip of the Brand history

[/quote]

Well, I know, he did build me a rig and I've had more than a few mugs of tea with him. Just interested in what he would have to say

[quote name='Billy Apple' timestamp='1424033667' post='2691867']What did he tell you?[/quote]

If it was Jeff, it had quite a few expletive's in it... :D

Jeff's ace, top man, will generally fall over backwards to help you (though he will generally complain loudly and swear a lot while doing so!). In fact all the Matamp folk are superb.