Why become a member? ×

Markbass cmd 102p in Dorset area?

JJJack

Does anyone in Dorset own a cmd102p or equivalent head and 2x10 cab? I read how great they are but no one stocks them here (Absolute music do but by order only).

Would love to have a go on one, I will bring Jaffa cakes or a biscuit of your choice in exchange for a test drive.
Can bring my old GK200mb and a stingray or a Modulus (may be of interest to you if you haven't tried one out)

Cheers

Jack

• 2 weeks later...

[quote name='fretmeister' timestamp='1424691268' post='2699113']
I wasn't aware you had electricity down there, let alone the internet!

:D
[/quote]

You'd be surprised, I even saw one of those "horseless carriages" the other day...it frightened the shire horses as I was ploughing the fields at the time.

Edited by yorks5stringer

• 2 months later...

I use a LMII head, which probably isn't hugely different from the LMIII head used in the cmd combo.

I live in Bristol but gig in Dorset a lot - you're welcome to try my amp if we can meet up at one of my gigs.

[quote name='JJJack' timestamp='1430921400' post='2765956']
That sounds like a possible. What's the name of the band and what venues in Dorset?
Jack
[/quote]

My band is the Skimmity Hitchers ([url="http://www.skimmityhitchers.com"]www.skimmityhitchers.com[/url])

Looking at the diary, although we're in Dorset twice this month (Bere Regis and Cursus Festival near Sixpenny Handley), they're both ticketed events, which probably won't work for you, unless you happen to be going to those events anyway. The next pub gig in Dorset is in Goldies in Dorchester on 5th June - that any use to you?

I know the Skimmity hitchers, seen you a few times in Dorchester over the last couple of years. I may well come along on the 5th, Goldies is a few minutes from my house. A quick look at the amp in exchange for an apple based drink (not Magners)?
Cheers
Jack

• 4 weeks later...