Why become a member? ×

Am I?

[quote name='MacDaddy' post='292277' date='Sep 25 2008, 09:57 PM']Where do you put them all? I had enough trouble with storage when I had 4![/quote]

I'd been thinking that too. Staying in an old property, I think I have a few more corners than the average modern property, but still, I think I'd run out of corners well before I accommodate 57 basses. And even if I started to use manmade corners, formed by furniture and walls, I still think I'd come up short! Mind-boggling ...

[quote name='4000' post='292147' date='Sep 25 2008, 08:10 PM']What Id like to know is what does the missus say? Mine goes apesh*t about me having 5! She [i]hates[/i] bass gear. Still, that's probably as much to do with me as the gear; just another thing to give me grief about![/quote]

Mine knew I was a musician when she married me.... my passion for my instrument was one of the things that attracted her.... therefore she knew what to expect. She is a musician herself (piano, clarinet, guitar & sax) so she also appreciates well made, good sounding instruments.

I wouldn't be with anyone who didn't appreciate music or support me in my musical endeavours....

[quote name='cetera' post='292551' date='Sep 26 2008, 11:09 AM']Mine knew I was a musician when she married me.... my passion for my instrument was one of the things that attracted her.... therefore she knew what to expect. She is a musician herself (piano, clarinet, guitar & sax) so she also appreciates well made, good sounding instruments.

I wouldn't be with anyone who didn't appreciate music or support me in my musical endeavours....[/quote]

Mine also knew what to expect, but for some the thrill of being with a musician pales when confronted with accommodating their gear. Ironically her parents are both musicians but her dad only has 2 guitars and her mum only ever had one so I don't think she sees the point of more. Also, she's just one of those people who hates the wrong sort of clutter. I think if I was bringing in wads of cash it might make it easier but I don't play covers (and hence get few gigs round here and make no money in my band, and have never managed to get further with my songs).

Edited by 4000