Why become a member? Γ—

SOLD Sterling SB14 with upgrades
Β£600

james

Hi I got this bass in a trade and I must say it's fantastic but I want a Sabre so this has to go to fund my GAS. It has been upgraded with a John East preamp and Seymore Duncan pickup both sound fantastic. Sound clip on request(send me your email) bass comes with a gig bag welcome to try out in Sheffield.

Edited by james

Oh Hello!

Cracking bass, this was formerly mine and I was part of said trade.

Plays like a jazz, kicks like a stingray on steroids and weighs virtually nothing.

The 3 way switch acts as a coil tap of sorts
Making it ΓΌber-versatile.

Whoever gets this will be getting a whole lotta bass!

GLWTS

[quote name='timmchale2009' timestamp='1422299156' post='2670902']
Oh Hello!

Cracking bass, this was formerly mine and I was part of said trade.

Plays like a jazz, kicks like a stingray on steroids and weighs virtually nothing.

The 3 way switch acts as a coil tap of sorts
Making it ΓΌber-versatile.

Whoever gets this will be getting a whole lotta bass!

GLWTS
[/quote]
Thanks and good luck with the Jazz sale

[quote name='ebenezer' timestamp='1423048409' post='2679911']
How are the controls configured?
[/quote]
Off the EAST web site
The MMSR 4 Knob 3 Band has been designed with characteristics very similar to the original MM StingrayΒ© 2 Band EQ, in order to retain the same interaction between the MM pickup and the electronics, crucial in creating the original pre EB sound colours. Our circuit additionally has separate stages for the bass and treble, allowing us to further enhance and extend the bass control. A Mid Sweep, is included along with original MM style Bass and Treble. When the Mid boost/cut is centred, its effect is neutral and the EQ is purely late 70s MM style.

Control Knobs & functions:

Single Knob - VOLUME
Single Knob - Late 70s MM style TREBLE
Stack Knob - MID / MID FREQUENCY SWEEP (Mid Sweep 01)
Single Knob - Late 70s MM style with enhanced BASS
This unit is supplied fully wired with 3 single and 1 stacked pot including knobs, Switchcraft jack plus battery clip, which may be spliced into an existing battery box, as would be available in most MM style basses. There are screw terminals for the pickup connections for easy installation and a ground wire is provided to connect the bridge and any other grounding points/screening. Out of the box, just connect the pickup, snap on a battery, plug into a rig and you have sound, but remember that the grounding connections are crucial in attaining a solid installation.