Why become a member? ×

Easiest method of switching between 2 different Eq settings

Delberthot

I currently play in a few different bands.

In my 2 rock bands there is no PA support so my cab provides the out front sound and in my wedding band my bass goes into a desk.

With the wedding band, my cab goes on a stand angled up towards me to act as a monitor. With the rock bands, it is still on the stand but facing forwards towards the audience.

Now the problem is that I always keep the settings on my amp constant and adjust the tone with my bass but the different setups require me to have 2 different EQ settings on my amp - one for the rock bands, one for the wedding band.

Is there something to allow me to simply press a button rather than muck about with my settings at every gig?

I like to keep things simple. :wacko:

Aye, either go down the photo route or try good, old-fashioned masking tape and marker pen.

If you're feeling really extravagant, you could buy two identical preamps and keep the relevant settings for each of them fixed - and just switch between them with a switching pedal of some kind.

[quote name='Delberthot' post='260009' date='Aug 11 2008, 02:52 PM']Is there something to allow me to simply press a button rather than muck about with my settings at every gig?
I like to keep things simple.[/quote]
I like simple as well and can sometimes change the controls on the bass, but I rarely change my amp settings. On Saturday I did a Led Zep covers gig and I used the same settings as Friday's acoustic gig. The only difference was 6x10 v 1x12 and eleventy million more on the volume. Having said that, I am not trying to sound like the originals, only like me.