Why become a member? ×

my jazz....

marcus bell

its a 2002 squier jazz bass 20th anniversary and i absollutely play it, for some reason it plays better than any other jazz ive played, and ive played the custom shop ones, the fmt active ones, mexican, american but they were all in shops and i nevr get on with basses in shops...lol the action always seems to high....

what do ya think???

im also looking for some parts for this bass,

i would like

a bridge cover,,
neckplate
head decal
thumbrest
tortoise shell pickguard,

any offers???

thanks

marcus

[quote name='marcus bell' post='259960' date='Aug 11 2008, 01:52 PM']...im also looking for some parts for this bass,

i would like...

[b]head decal[/b]

any offers???

thanks

marcus[/quote]

So you can sand off “Squire” and put on “Fender”? I wouldn’t bother mate, the bass looks nice as it is so I wouldn’t potentially ruin the finish by doing something like that. As you said, it’s all about playability so the badge shouldn’t matter.
As for mods, the first I’d be looking to get would be a BadAss bridge if I were you :huh: Tortoise shell pickguards also look the nuts on ‘burst Jazz basses, but I see you’re already on that one :)

[quote name='benwhiteuk' post='259966' date='Aug 11 2008, 02:06 PM']So you can sand off “Squire” and put on “Fender”? I wouldn’t bother mate, the bass looks nice as it is so I wouldn’t potentially ruin the finish by doing something like that. As you said, it’s all about playability so the badge shouldn’t matter.
As for mods, the first I’d be looking to get would be a BadAss bridge if I were you :huh: Tortoise shell pickguards also look the nuts on ‘burst Jazz basses, but I see you’re already on that one :)[/quote]

hi ben,

i was thinking about getting a badass2 bridge, being a massive miller fan too but ive heard they dont fit under the bridge cover...true???

i will defo get a tortoise shell scratchplate and the thumbrest but im still in between getting a badass bridge or a bridge cover

opinions??

also a maple neck with dots or blocks???

opniions??

thanks

If you replace the neck, you may loose the vibe that the bass has, as for changing the logo, that is your call but personally, I'd leave it how it is.
There is something so cool about a "cheap bass" being able to blow expensive ones away.
I have a 1995 Squier Precision, I fitted a bone nut, dressed the frets and put some EMG's in it with a Jazz in the rear, it is now a killer bass.
You could put a Gotoh 201 bridge on it, just like the Sadowskys, that way, you could put the cover on.
Tort plate, yes.

thanks for the advice steve

i think what im going to do is get a thumbrest, tortoise plate, gotoh 201 bridge so i can fit the cover as well, thanks again steve i didnt know this was the case...
ill leave the neck and decal as they play nice, and i might even fit a different nut :)....

thanks outtoplayjazz stilll looking at the pics of your old series 2 status love it(shiny)! :huh: , what do you think to mark kings new bass???

thanks guys for the advice so far,

keep it coming...

:huh:

[quote name='marcus bell' post='259983' date='Aug 11 2008, 02:31 PM']thanks outtoplayjazz stilll looking at the pics of your old series 2 status love it(shiny)! :) , what do you think to mark kings new bass???[/quote]

Hey Marcus, thanks! I don't think I'll be ordering a KingBass Mark II. The only new Status I'll be ordering is a Streamliner if I decide to go on one of Victor Wooten's camps in trhe USA. (Better for travelling with!) :huh:

its okay mate...

im not really a big fan of status basses to be honest, but i prefer the look of headed ones, hey each to their own...

but i like that old series 2 you have,

maybe if i go to one of the bassbashes you could bring it along and i could bring my squier and my jaydee???

i think the streamline is a good bass as it serves a purpose its light and easy to carry
how much are these streamlines???

thanks

marcus

I've got a Squier 20th Anniversary Stratocaster and it's one of the nicest guitars I've ever played, despite the abuse it's taken over the year! I reckon Squier pulled out the stops that year, no point in celebrating a birthday with crappy guitars! I've also got a Graphtech Tusq nut and a thumb rest going spare, drop me a PM if you're interested Marcus.

Sounds like you've got a good Jazz there - hang on to it - if you sell it, you'll hunt around for one the same and never find it! I used to have a Walnut Squier Jazz that I should have kept. Loved the finish, it just felt a bit weedy. In hindsight, I should have swapped the pickups and maybe made it active. Take a look at Villex pickups - I tried a Squier Jazz with a pair fitted at the last SE bass bash and it sounded great.

i will always keep my jazz,

i regret selling my first bass which was a white squier pbass special with the jazz pickup on it...i wish i could find another, but that bass funded this one...so this is staying forever

thanks for all the poistive interest so far peeps, keep it coming, im suprised cus its only a squier...

thanks

marcus

Nice Jazz Marcus.I like the bridge you have there.Seems like the saddles are huge,a bit like Sadowsky.Tell you what,if you ever decide to change that bridge,PM me and I'll take that one off your hands.Good luck with the bass,but change the pickguard for a tort.It'll be perfect then.

[quote name='OutToPlayJazz' post='261791' date='Aug 13 2008, 06:15 PM']The Tort guard is all I'd do to it. If you love the sound, there's not much point in changing the bridge. Are you going to use the thumb rest or is it going to just get in the way, Marcus?

Rich.[/quote]

i think thats all ill do actually, and maybe the bridge pickup cover??? definately not the thumbrest as it would get in the way for slap :)

thanks

marcus

i know what your saying mate, i just want to get one to see what it looks like on mine, i probably would take it off again lol

just going to get a cheap one see what it looks like and if i dont like it ill take it off. :)

still dont know what nut to get??? bone, a black one(i think they look cool), or a metal one??

ideas people

or shall i leave it alone

i dont know?????

marcus

might have changed my mind on this a little, ive took the scratchplate off, and left the neck pickup cover on to disguise the hold around the pickup, plus it looks like a mix between marcus and jaco (marco which used to be my nickname lol)....
and i might fit a badass 2,

any ideas opinions

here are the piccies :) :

and me looking a geek :huh:

thanks

marcus