Why become a member? ×

Who Else Has Called Larry Hartke?

Ok, as most of you've probably noticed, on the Hartke adverts and web pages there's a US phone number which is supposedly a direct dial to Larry Hartke's cellphone.

I was kinda skeptical, until last night. We'd gone out for a few shandys and we came home pretty late...and as I was bored and the missus had gone to bed I decided to give Larry a call and HE PICKED UP!

We had a good ol' chat about gear, the weather, his Humvee and the whole giving-his-number-out-to-everyone thing and I was surprised how he actually seemed to enjoy talkin to all the people who call him. He did manage to plug everything from his myspace to their new range of cabs, which was amusing...but give it a shot, it's definitely worth it!

So it's the Shandys you're gonna blame when you see your UK mobile to US mobile phone bill? lol

There was a big 'ol interview with him about all of this in one of the bass rags, quite an interesting read, he seems to genuinely care about what players really think, which can only reflect well in the gear!

Si

Edited by Sibob

I didn't know he was still doing this. I saw an ad for it a while back in Bassplayer, but I thought he'd give up after some disgruntled former Hartke employee or customer signs his number up to a gay dating service or something, or repeatedly called him when he was sleeping :) I think it's a genuinely good idea though, I was just skeptical that it would ever work.

He's a genuine guy and is always prepared to talk, listen and help the lesser known players of the world...he'll answer your messages, he'll always answer the phone and if you miss him, he calls back!

What else do you expect from a bass player? :)

I phoned him over a year ago (more probably) and was on for about twenty minutes (I wasn't paying!) I can't remember much of what we spoke about but he came over as a really warm guy and genuinely interested. He told me all about the yellow Stu Hamm bass in the photo on the ad I told him about the forum we have here and I did a thread on it but that might have been in the BW or BT days. He said he was going to check out the forum, I don't know if he ever did but I remember him saying that he looks at TalkBass regularly. If you've got money to burn, give him a call.