Why become a member? ×

NBD (sort of) Rick 4004C11

karlfer

So youre the bastard! I went to the merseyside guitar show where Ash had this bass. I saw it and tried it and fell in love with it immediately. I wanted the dam thing but didnt have the scratch at the time. You are a lucky lucky lucky man. I remember Ash saying he sold it to a fellow baschatter, which is a good thing i gues (though i would have preferred it to be me)

I also cant say how amazing this sounds without you being there personally to witness it, and its playability is tops too. Just sounds amazing!

Always been curious about these as I lusted after Rics, saving up to buy a 4003 in Jetglo (my dream bass) and then was massively disappointed. Didn't want to take the iron work off as that's part of the look and the less said about the bridge the better (YMMV of course). These basses seem to be the answer to most of my Ric issues.

Karl can I come round and stroke it gently (that's the bass btw, not your genitalia).

Edited by ead

Welcome to the darkside.

They are a professional grade instrument.
In the wrong hands, they are useless, in the right hands they can take you to a different level, a bit like a craftsman having a set of precision woodworking tools.
You need to be able to use the attention to detail on them to take you beyond the darkside.
Like giving a very good driver a slightly better car, a bad driver will crash it and blame the car, the good player will appreciate the improvements over chop and screw together basses .
Things like the achievable action with no buzzing and perfect intonation, clank to boom options on one bass all put the tools in your hands to move forward.
Now you own one, you will appreciate why they go to the lengths they do to stop people putting them out of business by faking them.
(opens can of worms and gets popcorn ready)

[quote name='ead' timestamp='1419322769' post='2638650']
Always been curious about these as I lusted after Rics, saving up to buy a 4003 in Jetglo (my dream bass) and then was massively disappointed. Didn't want to take the iron work off as that's part of the look and the less said about the bridge the better (YMMV of course). These basses seem to be the answer to most of my Ric issues.

Karl can I come round and stroke it gently (that's the bass btw, not your genitalia).
[/quote]

Obviously very welcome Alain, sometime between Christmas/New Year perhaps.

[quote name='spacey' timestamp='1419332496' post='2638777']
Welcome to the darkside.

They are a professional grade instrument.
In the wrong hands, they are useless, in the right hands they can take you to a different level, a bit like a craftsman having a set of precision woodworking tools.
You need to be able to use the attention to detail on them to take you beyond the darkside.
Like giving a very good driver a slightly better car, a bad driver will crash it and blame the car, the good player will appreciate the improvements over chop and screw together basses .
Things like the achievable action with no buzzing and perfect intonation, clank to boom options on one bass all put the tools in your hands to move forward.
Now you own one, you will appreciate why they go to the lengths they do to stop people putting them out of business by faking them.
(opens can of worms and gets popcorn ready)
[/quote]

Perhaps I'm not the player to get the best out of it, but I'm bloody enjoying trying :D