Why become a member? ×

Get your STATUS-GRAPHITE basses out!

OutToPlayJazz

thanks rich, i love your kingbass mate really got into them all of a sudden dont know why :huh:...

might be the MK-II thats done it,

im not sure about the leds mate, really thats something id like to find out about, because of corse my other option would be to buy a kingbass mk-II artist with 16.5 string spacing, bendwell which would come to £2095, still a lot of money, but once i had the bass i could still play it and love it, whilst saving up the extra £695 to get the front and side led's fiitted...:)

marcus

[quote name='OutToPlayJazz' post='326392' date='Nov 10 2008, 11:08 PM']Best of luck with that, Marcus :) I hope you get the finances there soon!

Can anyone tell me & save me a call to the Bass-Bishop of Colchester... How easy is it to get front LED's retrofitted into a through-neck Status?

Rich.[/quote]

Very!!! Got them on my Empathy and 2000.

Mike

Edited by Mike Brooks

just wondering guys, ive put this on the statii website aswell, but if i order a kingbass mk-II without le.d.s, but with 16.5mm string spacing and the bendwell itll bring my price up to 2095, i was just wondering how much it costs (like a deposit), to get the build underway???, i think maybe you know rich???

thanks to everyone

marcus

[quote name='marcus bell' post='326389' date='Nov 10 2008, 11:00 PM']if i ordered one it would be quilted maple, with blud led's bendwell, 16.5mm string spacing, basically the dogs doo-dahs's lol...

and if i buy a second hand mk-I, i wouldnt mind what colour the leds and wood were as long as it were, and artist model, through neck, 16.5mm spacing and had front plus side leds :) :huh: :huh:....

marcus

stilll need options as its a lot of money for me...[/quote]
get an all black one before Mark King does. :huh: In fact you guys could probably run a sweepstake on Statii for the finish of his next 'tour bass'.

EDIT: Maybe we could run it on BC ... Rob would be almost sure to do something that had never been seen anywhere else. :unsure:

[quote]Cause it's a Status, that's why. :)[/quote]

Do you need any other reason, Steve??

I know what you mean - I'm looking at a high-end jazz of some sort at the moment & I know I'll be questioning myself when the time comes to hand over another serious amount of money, "Why [i]aren't[/i] you spending this money on a Status??!"

Rich.

Marcus, listen, your Dad is on board for getting a Mark II, otherwise he wouldn't have been photoed with you and the bass.
If you really want the lights, sell your Jazz and Beatle bass and put the dosh towards it, that way it will show the parentals that you are serious.
My god, a Jaydee and a Status at 18, what is the world comming to? :)

[quote name='OutToPlayJazz' post='327155' date='Nov 11 2008, 10:40 PM']Do you need any other reason, Steve??

I know what you mean - I'm looking at a high-end jazz of some sort at the moment & I know I'll be questioning myself when the time comes to hand over another serious amount of money, "Why [i]aren't[/i] you spending this money on a Status??!"

Rich.[/quote]Hi Rich, why don't you get a Retroactive Jazz?
Some nice ones on the stock page.

good idea mate, i think my parents will help me out too, speshly my dad as he also bought my other basses and gave me the jaydee :) which i love,

but i think ive got to do this on my own too :huh:, cant wait though...i will sell my beatle bass, but not the jazz it was my first proper instrument and its not really worth that much anyway know what i mean buddy???

marcus

• 2 weeks later...

OK all you Status lovers, don't forget if you are a member over on statii.com to vote in the poll for the album. Just log on and go to the home page, listen to the tracks and vote for as many as you want. Time is running out to vote and there are lots of good tracks to listen to. It will only take a few minutes! :)

Blessya Rich(right with you regards the Sad. tone you're after...just that springy woodiness: ya know, the only way I can even approach that tone with the S2 is to lower the pups and roll off the circuitboard trim pot...still not quite there either: I think it must be the maple board...in conjunction with everything else i suppose..)

Here's 3 more disgusting yet pouting pics...

[attachment=16288:S2back_new.jpg]

[attachment=16289:S2bod3_new.jpg]

[attachment=16290:S2bod4_new.jpg]