Why become a member? ×

Bass Gear Magazine - Online

WalMan

[quote name='stingrayfan' post='256887' date='Aug 7 2008, 08:28 AM']Thanks for the heads up - looks interesting.[/quote]
Have you had a copy? If not PM me your name & email and I shall use the link provided in the email I got to add you to their mail list if you want, or go [url="http://www.bassgearmag.com/web/subscribe_entry.php"]HERE[/url] to subscribe

[quote]Issue #1 includes full reviews of the following products:
[list]
[*]ACG Recurve S-Type 5-string
[*]Skjold Lion's Pride Model-B 5-string
[*]Ibanez ATK750
[*]Henman-Bevilacqua B4
[*]Squier VM Precision TB
[*]Markbass LMII
[*]Genz-Benz GBE 1200
[*]Genz-Benz NEOX-212T
[*]Mesa/Boogie M6 Carbine
[*]Mesa/Boogie Powerhouse 2x12
[*]Phil Jones Bass M-300
[*]Phil Jones Bass Neo-Power 8B
[/list]
We also have numerous other features and columns, including part 1 of a 3-part series on what it means to be Made in China (by Terry Buddingh), and a factory tour of Jens Ritter's shop (also by Terry). Remember, the digital flipbook subscription is free![/quote]

Edited by WalMan

[quote name='stingrayfan' post='256912' date='Aug 7 2008, 08:57 AM']Got one thanks - just signed up. It's easy. Content looks really good. If they'd post it to the UK, I'd probably pay to subscribe. Reading it on a screen is ok, but you can't beat sitting on the sofa with a proper mag and a big cup of strong, milky tea![/quote]
And you cant read it sitting on the throne - unless you have a laptop :) :huh: :huh:

[quote name='bass_ferret' post='256949' date='Aug 7 2008, 09:39 AM']And you cant read it sitting on the throne - unless you have a laptop :) :huh: :huh:[/quote]
Yeah nothing like "sh*t..erature", why is most men feel compelled to take something with them to read when the head for the porcelain, me included!!?? It doesn't seem right not having something to read, does it?? :huh:
That aside this is a great online mag and would be well worth subscribing too if it were in print, some great features and articles.

[quote name='Wooks' post='256958' date='Aug 7 2008, 09:48 AM']Yeah nothing like "sh*t..erature", why is most men feel compelled to take something with them to read when the head for the porcelain, me included!!?? It doesn't seem right not having something to read, does it?? :)
That aside this is a great online mag and would be well worth subscribing too if it were in print, some great features and articles.[/quote]
There is a print version for about $30 pa I think.

For throne reading I suppose we shall all have to invest in eReaders eventually and d/l content. We seem to have ended up with a small library in our "smallest room" :huh:

• 2 weeks later...

[quote name='stingrayfan' post='256912' date='Aug 7 2008, 03:57 AM']Got one thanks - just signed up. It's easy. Content looks really good. If they'd post it to the UK, I'd probably pay to subscribe. Reading it on a screen is ok, but you can't beat sitting on the sofa with a proper mag and a big cup of strong, milky tea![/quote]

Howdy, folks! Tom, here. I just wanted to confirm that we do offer international shipping on print subscriptions ($50/year). While I am happy about being able to offer the digital version for free, I am even more excited about the print version. It will be of very high quality, and the paper is a much better grade than what is typically used on most magazines. The print editions mail out next Wednesday (August 20th), but any paid subscriptions processed before issue #2 comes out (first of October) will still start with issue #1.

Thanks for the kind words! This being our first effort, we hope to improve with age, so we will keep an eye out for any suggestions you might offer as to how to make Bass Gear Magazine better.

Take care, Tom.

[quote name='Tom Bowlus' post='263613' date='Aug 16 2008, 02:53 PM']Howdy, folks! Tom, here. I just wanted to confirm that we do offer international shipping on print subscriptions ($50/year). While I am happy about being able to offer the digital version for free, I am even more excited about the print version. It will be of very high quality, and the paper is a much better grade than what is typically used on most magazines. The print editions mail out next Wednesday (August 20th), but any paid subscriptions processed before issue #2 comes out (first of October) will still start with issue #1.

Thanks for the kind words! This being our first effort, we hope to improve with age, so we will keep an eye out for any suggestions you might offer as to how to make Bass Gear Magazine better.

Take care, Tom.[/quote]

Thanks for coming on to explain Tom

As far as I can remember I paid the $50 for the paper subscription so I'll be looking forward to receiving the first issue

[quote name='JimBobTTD' post='264333' date='Aug 18 2008, 03:20 AM']Correct me if I'm wrong, but this is pretty much "Guitar Buyer" for bass, right?[/quote]

I wouldn't think so. But then again, I am not familiar with Guitar Buyer, so it is possible that by random coincidence, we are similar publications.

Does anyone have a link to Guitar Buyer?

Tom.

Guitar Buyer is a UK publication which deals with gear and not much else. Recently they have interviews too, but they are few and far between and the focus is on gear (mostly guitar - precious little bass). It's a great magazine - I've been looking for a similar bass version.

No link - I don't think they have a website. They are an MB Media mag, if that helps.