Why become a member? ×

Crap ABS rack case

Hey all.
just a heads up,
If you're in the market for an ABS rack case dont get on of these,they're sh*te !!
[url="http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=270261802829&ssPageName=MERC_VIC_RSCC_Pr4_PcY_BIN_Stores_IT&refitem=280252305938&itemcount=4&refwidgetloc=closed_view_item&usedrule1=StoreCatToStoreCat&refwidgettype=cross_promot_widget&_trksid=p284.m183&_trkparms=algo%3DDR%26its%3DS%252BI%252BSS%26itu%3DISS%252BUCI%252BSI%26otn%3D4"]http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?Vie...52BSI%26otn%3D4[/url]
I stripped two of the threads in the rack without much effort,i think the rails are made from very inferior alluminium and the case itself is very flimsy.I should have spent the extra £20 or so and gone for a better one.Hey-ho. :)

Edited by kennyrodg

Looks exactly like the ones i have.

I have a 4 unit for my amp & tuner and another 6u with 120lbs of power amps inside.

Never let me down. Better than the POS SKB rack that I used to have before it fell apart.

If its like mine, it uses a second piece of aluminium behind the fixed rack mounting rather than the captive nuts on the SKB ones to secure the screws. The trick is to loosten off all the screws that attach this to the rack mounting as the threads are often not lined up front to back.

I've had mine 2 years now and have put equipment in and out of them with no problem.

As with all lower end gear there is bound to be variations in quality so you maybe got a duff one. :)

Hehe,
not sure if yours is the same Delberthot,the one ive got is a "Citronic"....that kinda sums it up right there. :)
There's no captive nut,its a threaded alluminium strip behind the steel frame.I think the strip is very soft alli,for how much you pay better quality stuff should have been used.I can get another strip from maplins to double it up but you shouldnt have to really.They did strip very easily before the screws nipped up.
You pays yer money.....you takes yer choice i guess. :huh:

[quote name='kennyrodg' post='259494' date='Aug 10 2008, 07:21 PM']Hehe,
not sure if yours is the same Delberthot,the one ive got is a "Citronic"....that kinda sums it up right there. :)
There's no captive nut,its a threaded alluminium strip behind the steel frame.I think the strip is very soft alli,for how much you pay better quality stuff should have been used.I can get another strip from maplins to double it up but you shouldnt have to really.They did strip very easily before the screws nipped up.
You pays yer money.....you takes yer choice i guess. :huh:[/quote]

Why not return it and get a replacement? They are sold with a 12 month warranty......

Edited by yorks5stringer

hi delberthot,
yeah,this ones the same,it has the threaded bar behind the steel framework. :)
To be fair to the seller she has sent me two replacement threaded bars....they arrived the morning after i posted nuetral feedback,dont i feel a c**t.
still,they're not the best,next time i'll go for a better one.