Why become a member? ×

Aguilar Limited Edition SL 112 “BASS CABERNET”

Dood

[attachment=177273:SL112-REd.jpg]

(Clickable picture)

I just got word of this tasty looking little set up!

Here's the press release to go with it: I've always liked the look of the dark green DB cabinets and it's nice to see companies getting away from 'black boxes on the stage' look. Maybe it's just me and a new found love for brightly coloured basses!!

[size=5]"[b]NEW YORK, NY — Aguilar Amplification[/b][font=Times] is proud to announce a new SL 112 in “Bass Cabernet”, a limited addition color for 2015. Only 250 units of the SL 112 will be built using this striking color and finish. Each “Bass Cabernet’ will feature a custom “Limited Edition” label on the crossover.[/font][/size]

[font=Times][size=3][size=5]Known the world over, the SL 112 features neodymium drivers and custom crossovers. These cabinets are an inspiring blend of modern technology with a classic vibe.[color=#FF2500] [/color][/size][/size][/font]

[font=Times][size=3][size=5]The SL 112 in “Bass Cabernet” will be released in January 2015, with UK stock available from Barnes & Mullins shortly afterward. [/size][/size][/font]

[font=Times][size=3][size=5][i]Aguilar Amplification is a manufacturer of high quality bass amplification, pickups, preamps and effects pedals located in NYC. Many of the world's greatest musicians have chosen to use Aguilar. Our list of endorsers includes James Cook (Luke Bryan), Jimmy Haslip (Jeff Lorber), Tully Kennedy (Jason Aldean), Tony Grey (Hiromi), Alex Webster (Cannibal Corpse) and Felix Pastorius (The Yellowjackets). For more information, please visit: [/i][url="http://www.aguilaramp.com/"][color=#0433FF]www.aguilaramp.com[/color][/url][i].[/i][/size][/size][/font]
[size=5]"[/size]

[quote name='M@23' timestamp='1417085725' post='2616872']
Saw that picture somewhere on Facebook yesterday - it looks fantastic doesn't it.
[/quote]

Rather fetching for sure!! I think a matching amp facia would be cool too. Maybe invert the colours of the script and background then make the black red instead.

[quote name='dood' timestamp='1417196789' post='2618153']

Rather fetching for sure!! I think a matching amp facia would be cool too. Maybe invert the colours of the script and background then make the black red instead.
[/quote]

Hells yeah! That's a very classy looking rig.

[quote name='Muzz' timestamp='1417086458' post='2616881']
I can just see that in the backline at a Cannibal Corpse gig... :D
[/quote]

I helped set up their amps and drumkit at this year's Damnation Festival - Webster had 2x DB750s into DB8x10s, though they only used one of them.

Sounded superb when he played a couple of notes between songs, unfortunately he was completely inaudible when the whole band were playing.