Why become a member? ×

Guitar Stand

BassMunkee

[quote name='john_the_bass' post='255831' date='Aug 5 2008, 10:20 PM']The Hercules stands are excellent and because they grab under the headstock and hang the guitar on the stand, you don't have to be too concerned about body shape. Cheap? Depends on what you call cheap - 20 quid should get you one from most guitar shops[/quote]

+1 for Hercules. Properly good stands.

One caveat though - don't let anyone else put your bass on the stand, or at least watch them like a hawk!! Two different people have picked my bass up off one and when they put it back they've balanced it precariously [b]against [/b]the grabber instead of slotting the headstock end of the neck into it.

First time was in a recording studio - we'd gone for lunch and when I came back there it was perched and waiting for the tiniest of nudges. The studio engineer had obviously had a go on my bass while I was at lunch and the numpty had obviously thought that some sort of magical field held the bass on it. You'd think someone in a studio would be a bit more clued up in handling instruments :)

• 4 weeks later...

[quote name='BassMunkee' post='255779' date='Aug 5 2008, 09:06 PM']....can anyone suggest a decent, but cheap, guitar stand for a Thunderbird...[/quote]
No, I can't. If you want cheap why don't you just lean the bass against something!
The Ultimate is a pretty good stand.

[quote name='chris_b' post='273176' date='Aug 30 2008, 03:05 PM']No, I can't. If you want cheap why don't you just lean the bass against something!
The Ultimate is a pretty good stand.[/quote]

+1 for Ultimate.
I've got a GS100, was lucky in getting it locally for a fiver on evilbay.
However, think it's worth the £20 price tag (new). Takes any shaped bass & is pretty sturdy. Quite compact too.

The hercules used to hold my RD Artist fine (the only stand that would!).
However one of the plastic retaining arms is now not functional and doesn't spring back when you pick the bass up. This happened about a month after purchase and it has always been stored in the mic stand case, so has not been mis-treated
Still works though!