Why become a member? ×

SOLD!! 2008 Fender USA P Bass New Model SOLD/MM Stingray SOLD!!

Old Horse Murphy

I've just picked up my Shuker 5 String P bass and I've decided I want to ask Jon to build me another bass, so somewhat reluctantly I've decided these basses need to go.

First up is a virtually new 2008 model Fender US P Bass in black with maple neck, new style case and all the candy.

The new P's are incredibly good instruments and with the new satin finish on the neck, lightweight tuners, bigger bridge etc are a significant improvement on the S1 models (which I am a fan of too).

This one has been used 3 or 4 times maximum and the bass is as new. The case is immaculate also.

It comes with a black Fender scratchplate, a white Fender scratchplate and a pearloid Fender scratchplate also (choices, choices).

Thes cost £745 new. This one is virtually new and is under warranty still. I'm looking for £650 for it, but will listen to sensible offers.

Thanks for looking.

Edited by Old Horse Murphy

[quote name='OutToPlayJazz' post='254871' date='Aug 4 2008, 09:48 PM']Bloody hell Nick! You're taking a hit on this one. How did you get it £100 cheaper than mine? (Although I realise my 3TS finish is an extra £70!)

Is the Shuker [b][i]that[/i][/b] good?[/quote]

Based on a Google shopping price, some dealers are listing the standard colours at £750 now and sunbursts at £800. In this market definitely possible to haggle a little as well.

[quote name='Alastair' post='260596' date='Aug 12 2008, 08:59 AM']Man...that 'ray...oh my...you know when you can afford things but you know you shouldn't go spending money? :)

You've hit me where it hurts![/quote]

It's honestly the nicest Ray I've played and I've been through a few. It doesn't get much of a look-in to be honest and deserves to be played

[quote name='Alastair' post='260621' date='Aug 12 2008, 09:34 AM']Based on previous experience with 'rays I'm not surprised, never found a dud...all play like butter and sound amazing...damn. I've been gassing for one for a while...I'm gonna have to have a think about this![/quote]

I'll leave you to mull it over :)

[quote name='Mr Fudge' post='262730' date='Aug 14 2008, 09:21 PM']Lovely P and an excellent price I would suggest. My Mrs would kill me though ...[/quote]

Thanks for the kind words Mr F and if I may be so bold, I'm sure your wife would be DELIGHTED if you bought this bass as would mine if I were in your shoes....

Can't type anymore as nose is growing bigger with every word.......

I will put this on the Bay if there aren't any takers on here.

Funny, I would never have guessed the Ray would attract more attention than the P Bass.