Why become a member? ×

Russian Muff

BigBadBass

hello i done a quick search could really find the answers i was looking for.

i have the chance to buy a russian big muff for £40 is that a good deal? I kinda thought for £40 i culdnt go wrong. Im looking for a gritty distortion for when im not using my own amp head in rehearsal rooms etc

cheers
Steve

[quote name='BigBadBass' post='254119' date='Aug 4 2008, 09:17 AM']hello i done a quick search could really find the answers i was looking for.

i have the chance to buy a russian big muff for £40 is that a good deal? I kinda thought for £40 i culdnt go wrong. Im looking for a gritty distortion for when im not using my own amp head in rehearsal rooms etc

cheers
Steve[/quote]

Maybe if you blend it a lot, Mig Muff pedals aren't really gritty, they sound amazing but its 'blow your head off out of control fuzz' distortion for the most part.

I'd definately buy for £40 though.

Edited by Oscar South

if its the latest black one then its not a great price, i certainly wouldnt pay any more for one, some places sold them for £35 new

id also agree that you wont get a gritty tone from it unless you blend

Edited by BassManKev

[quote name='BassManKev' post='254135' date='Aug 4 2008, 09:35 AM']if its the latest black one then its not a great price, i certainly wouldnt pay any more for one, some places sold them for £35 new

id also agree that you wont get a gritty tone from it unless you blend[/quote]

Oh, I assumed all the basic models sold for around £50.

[quote name='burno70' post='254333' date='Aug 4 2008, 01:02 PM']I use a Fulltone bass drive to add grit to my tone. Comp mode is excellent. Although some users find the volume switch a bit too sensitive.[/quote]

if you'e willing to spend the dosh, then go for a fulltone bass driver, or maybe an xotic bass bb preamp pedal.

both are excellent.