Why become a member? ×

Warwick Thumb NT 6 (2010) - SOLD
£1700

CamdenRob

[b]-SOLD-[/b]

Due to recent extravagant acquisitions I unfortunately have to move some basses on. In truth I’d rather not be parting with any of them, but I am happy that I can get everything I need out of my current and incoming basses, so the others are going up to see if there is any interest, although I’d be more than happy to keep them all if nothing sells!

[b]Warwick Thumb NT 6 (2010) - £1500 + Shipping[/b]

I recently picked this up from the forum, I’m reusing some photos hope you don’t mind Ferenc. Soon after I bought it an opportunity to buy a Wal sixer came up and I gave into lifelong GAS… So sadly I will have to move this wonderful instrument on.

Info from the Warwick website;

[b]Serial number:[/b]
E15431010
[b]Produced:[/b]
2010-05-28
[b]Description:[/b]
Thumb Bass, 6-string
Natural Oil finish
Bubinga Pommele body
Ovangkol neck
Black hardware

This is a truly amazing bass in fantastic condition. Weighing in at 11.4lb it’s no lightweight but it’s not too bad for a sixer. Plays and sounds exactly as you would expect from a top of the line Warwick, the Thumb NT 6 sits firmly amongst the best instruments Warwick produce. A new one would set you back a touch over £4k.

Unfortunately I do not have the original case or the Warwick user pack, this is how the bass came to me. Since I bought it I have replaced the missing straplocks with new Warwick ones and these will be included in the sale. I have also bought a new set of Warwick pickup screws as the originals are slightly tarnished, I will include these with the bass as well. I can provide a thomann hardcase if required at no extra cost. I will also include a new tin of Warwick beeswax.

Not looking to ship at this stage so the bass will initially be collection only from Camden, North London. You are more than welcome to come round and try the bass, have a beer, chat about basses, put the world to rights etc…

[b]No trades thank you.[/b] The object here is to get rid of some basses, if I could have a collection of basses I would be keeping all the ones I currently own!

Edited by CamdenRob

[quote name='andybassdoyle' timestamp='1415528499' post='2601108']
Gorgeous. GLWTS
[/quote]
[quote name='littleal' timestamp='1415568822' post='2601611']
Ahh the tone,,, I've had one of these before, definitely one I shouldn't have sold,
Rob is a top guy & that thumb sixer is a top bass ,,,
Glwts,,
[/quote]

Thanks gents :)

[quote name='Kev' timestamp='1415531983' post='2601152']
Would love this :)
[/quote]

So would I... needs must though and I'm not bitter, had to make sacrifices for the Wal.

[quote name='nippes' timestamp='1415690505' post='2602651']
Are you sure, you don´t want to ship to Germany? ;)
[/quote]

I could ship, although I'll give it another week to see if there is any other local interest first :)

• 2 weeks later...

Bump, Bump, BUMP!

Sent some extra info in PM and though it might be useful here in the thread too....

Sorry about the flash, not much natural light today for decent photos.

According to my luggage scales the bass weighs 11.6lb

and the bridge string spacing comes out at 83mm across all six strings so 16.6 between each.

Bass will be shipped via parcelforce express 24 in a hardcase... it will be bubble wrapped inside and outside the case. This will be about £25.

Edited by CamdenRob

[quote name='72deluxe' timestamp='1417442025' post='2620337']
Ah if only I had the money and space... I really hope the sale goes well (or more likely, I hope it doesn't so that I can save up and buy it one year in the future)
[/quote]

Thanks man :)

It's such a shame to part with it but needs must...